Timeshare Resales

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Timeshare Resales (by Den):

Buying resale - There is much apprehension about buying resale timeshares, largely promoted by sales personnel at the resorts. We own several weeks purchased from Marriott (convertible to points) and the same number purchased in the resale market. I can assure you there is no difference "in use" beyond the ability to convert to points. Oh, sales personnel may tout the ability to use points to acquire some vacations, tours, etc. But this is easily resolved by renting out resale units and using the cash for tours, etc. Points are restricted in use, but cash is a universal currency. Tell me, would you rather have script you could only spend at Target, or cash you could spend anywhere????

We do attend sales presentations from time to time. I earnestly try to find a reason to buy from Marriott.

One other thing - point reservations are not so easy to get. There are too many points chasing the better weeks at the better resorts.

And finally, some people are really smart and just rent the weeks they want on Redweek!