Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: explanation of selling a fixed week, plus points (by Mary D.):

monty23 wrote:
klaughl0 wrote:
monty23 wrote:
No. Fairshare Plus is a week of timeshare, be it fixed or variable. The week is assigned so many points by Fairfield. They are not separate items. If you exchange your Fairshare Plus to RCI, they reduce the value of your week(i.e., red to white or size of unit from 2 b/r to 1 b/r). hope that helps

Who reduces value of week? Fairfield or RCI? What sense does this make?

RCI & Fairfield are both owned by the same entity, but RCI doesn't recognize the same value for a week of timeshare as Fairfield does. Does that make sense? No, not in my view. As an example, If I deposit my Fairfield week(a red 2 b/r,2 bath unit) with RCI, they will fill my request with a white 2 b/r,2 bath or a red 1 b/r,1 bath. So they downgrade because the resort I own at isn't a high demand resort.

If you own points with Fairfield (Wyndom now), you can exchange into any other Fairfield and give THAT week to RCI. If you give them a red week, it costs you more points than a white, of course, but It does not need to be a week in the resort where your contract is.

When you request a location and time period, RCI tells you what is available in that area during that time period. You can request UP TO the size of your unit,but may have to settle for less because that is all that is available. On the other hand, I have actually received Red time for White and 2BR for 1BR now and then, but a disproportionate percentage of RCI inventory is Studios or the "small half" of a two bedroom lock-off. Owners keep the good stuff to use.