Timeshare Companies

Marion Griffin, Thomas Verner are scammers

Nov 04, 2018

Peter, I don't know how much value I can add to the case, since I was one of the fortunate ones that got my money back, so technically I was not impacted except that she did try to scam me but I was luckier than she was. I had a computer problem and thought I lost all of my documents from back then, but I believe I have recovered most of them - I thought her scam with me was from 2012 - but it was actually 2010! I may even have my correspondence to the detective I sent information to way back then. I actually hope she doesn't get deported, as I would love to see her serve time here and not run the chance that she will go to the UK and be able to continue her scamming ways there.

You are right, I'm not seeing any recent posts from others that had been defrauded by Marion and Kelly. Hopefully some people will jump in and do what they need to do to get her behind bars.

Margaret

Margaret B.
Nov 05, 2018

I spent some time this past weekend going through my paperwork. I had already submitted many of my documents to Polk County and Osceola County. Her involvement with me took place in Osceola.

Julie N.
Nov 05, 2018

Peter I shouldn't have to reply......You know Marion and Kelly are scammers, not me......So, of course she implemented my name in there, which I had no idea......Also Julie, you need to more clear, I didn't fix a house you were in through Marion...….

Tom V.
Nov 06, 2018

If anyone has had contact with Kelly Price, via phone call or email, please let me know. Her mother, Marion, is trying to get Kelly out of jail, by saying she wasn't in on any of her scams. I don't believe it. My email is jarichter15@gmail.com.

Julie A.
Nov 06, 2018

MARION AND KELLY NOW IN COURT.

It's been a month already since our two fugitives were picked up at their hideaway home in Mineola Texas on the 5th October. After initially being held in Wood County Jail TX, they were transferred on the 15th October to the Polk County Jail, FL where the above mugshot photos were taken. They are still being held there pending trial and interview with ICE.

Meanwhile the paperwork for the trial is beginning and the case files are now starting to be gathered in the Polk Co. Clerk of Courts records. I have been given information in order to access them.

Marion and Kelly recently made their first appearances 'in court' by video link from the jail. They were both read their charges and they had both opted to be represented by the Polk Co. Public Defender as, they say, they have no assets to fund lawyers personally. Kelly also stated that she has $120.00 in liabilities to someone ! The Assistant Statewide Prosecutor will be handling the case for the prosecution.

The cases against Marion are two - one on her own and the one shared with Kelly.

The first case concerns the period 7/7/2014 (four years ago) when she is accused of entering a property without permission of either the owner or his management company for the purposes of renting the property long-term to a lady and her family who had relocated from Pensacola FLA to the Orlando area. The property was already in foreclosure by the Bank and had been closed up and neglected for over a year. It was officially 'uninhabitable' due to mold and damp. The tenants, however, agreed to rent it but soon began to smell a scam. They contacted Polk Co. P.D. who mounted an extensive investigation and surveillance operation followed by a sting on Marion Verner. The tenant lost $10,500 plus the PD lost $1,500 of investigative funds to Marion making the total loss of the case $12,000. It was determined that Marion S. Verner did gain unauthorised entry to the property and leased the property without consent of the owner. Case Number: TM-11-0266. The document is 8 pages long.

The second case is jointly against Marion S. Verner and Kelly A. Price covering the period 25/08/2016 to 04/24/2017 regarding the activities of these two suspects in connection with Disney Area Villas LLC, Disneyandi.com and their many other styles and business names. The Investigative Summary follows the story which you all know so well from when the adverts started to appear in UK websites, Facebook and Craigslist to when all the double-bookings happened, the evicting of rental guests from villas which were never rented to DAV by the owners, the lack of contact with Marion and Kelly and all their other assumed names. Also all of the money which was sent to them and taken by them but not refunded when things started to go wrong. The Summary is incredibly detailed and shows great dedication by Det. Alexander Hogue at Osceola Co. Sheriff's Economic Crimes Unit and Special Agent L. Lamar at the FDLE in Orlando. The investigations made by SA Lamar have been extensive and wide ranging including sub-peonas served on Facebook, Transferwise, MoneyGram, various Banks even Gumtree all of whom were very helpful in providing data to analyse. Only PayPal refused to release information on payments made through them to Marion and Kelly as, claiming to be a European based organisation, they said they had no obligation to do so for a US authority !

There are many, many statements of their cases by victims who first approached Det. Alexander Hogue. However, we do know that many, many more victims never came forward when asked to do so, many not even aware of the scale of this operation. Therefore, the total sums lost by the victims as stated in the case are much lower than we would expect knowing how many more people were affected but stayed silent because, maybe, they got refunded but not by Marion or Kelly.

The charges against them jointly are of Conspiracy - organised fraud and Grand Theft. The amount shown as the total losses of the thirteen victims (who testified in the case) is shown as $31,528.06 (but we all know if should be much more).

The case no is: OR-11-0252 and the Summary document runs to 25 pages ! Some happy reading for me !!

Within the case notes I also saw that both ladies are noted as "UK citizens overstayed in the US". So they (and I assume Kelly's family) are illegals yet to be interviewed by ICE.

I will post more when I know when the next Court hearing will be and where.

Peter W.
Nov 07, 2018

I doubt that will happen Julie. The court is not that stupid to believe Marion's divertionery story when the evidence of Kelly's Facebook pages, now re-opened for the FDLE, show much evidence that Kelly was, indeed, involved on a daily basis. Also that so many people had phone conversations with her whether she called herself Kelly or Jane or whatever else came to her mind. There is much very detailed evidence in the Investigative Summary which would not lead the court to let Kelly go.

Julie R. wrote:
If anyone has had contact with Kelly Price, via phone call or email, please let me know. Her mother, Marion, is trying to get Kelly out of jail, by saying she wasn't in on any of her scams. I don't believe it. My email is jarichter15@gmail.com.

Peter W.

Last edited by peterw312 on Nov 07, 2018 02:15 AM

Nov 07, 2018

Thanks, Peter!

Julie A.
Nov 08, 2018

Good old innocent Tom, helping those with honest axes to grind. I can't believe some of the nonsense I've read from you on here. I wonder if these people know that most of the companies involved were in your name, and that you were involved and financially benefited? And your glee at her going to jail is quite ironic. How many days did you actually work for your entire 10 year odd marriage? How much earnings did you declare during this period, and pay tax on? How much tax did you declare when you was working cash in hand in England? Who paid for your daughters wedding, your sports cars, your hair transplants, your weed habit? Who, even after separating with Marion, was still taking money from her monthly (bank transfers, Western Union transfer, all provable)? Who was still paying for your sports car payments after you'd separated? And who falsely claimed disability allowance when you were still with Marion (and so had an income), and also after you'd separated when you didn't declare the money you was taking from her monthly? And even nastier stuff.... Who was blackmailing Marion to give her money (texts, emails, all recorded with an attorney)? Who threatened to kill her? Do any of these people that you are "helping" know that, even at the time they were losing hard earned money, you were still taking money from her, threatening to call immigration if she didn't give you money? Do these people know that, both directly and indirectly, it's actually you that have taken money out of their pocket????

There's plenty of evidence to back this up, and don't you worry, I'll be making every effort to ensure that the correct authorities get it. I don't know how you ever thought none of this would come out when it gets to court, but you've forced the issue and now will have to accept the consequences.

Sleep tight.

Kevin M.
Nov 08, 2018

Kevin M, it sounds like you have a lot of insight on the situation. You would know all of this only if you were an accomplice. Calls, text and what not, maybe you should turn yourself in. I think you should look at the Bylaws on spouses, I don’t know, but you sound like you knew too much

Ketzy V.

Last edited by ketzyv on Nov 08, 2018 01:15 PM

Nov 08, 2018

With all due respect, Ketzy, I think you’ve been watching too much conspiracy theory on the tv. Marion is my mum, Kelly is my sister. I know all this information because Marion is my mum. I was there when Tom married my mum in England, they both stayed with me for a while when they were in England, and I stayed with them when I visited for vacations. I live in England, have always lived in England, and have had nothing to do with my mum’s business, apart from occasionally helping her with a house clean between guests when I’ve been on vacation over the years. It’s easy to jump to conclusions when you’ve not got all the evidence, isn’t it?

Kevin M.
Nov 08, 2018

Kevin look at the dates she is being charged for …...Your an idiot just like your mom......2014-2016...……..She is a scammer and always will be....glad I got away when I could

Tom V.
Nov 08, 2018

Really Tom? I expose you for what you really are, and that’s all you’ve got? Just because you weren’t living with her in that period, doesn’t mean you wasn’t taking money from her, threatening her. I’ve read the texts. And actually, of the 14 instances within the evidence of alleged wrongdoing, one was in 2014, and the other 13 were in the 8-10 weeks directly prior to the company closing. You’re a parasite, and you know what you’ve done.

Kevin M.
Nov 09, 2018

It is important that even those who were able to recover their funds from Marion and associates (family) file a report with the proper agency. Doing so will allow the investigators to establish a history and timeline which will most likely go back further than the dates of 2014. Just because you got money back does not mean you were not a victim.

These cases are no longer being handled by the Polk or Osceola County investigators. Information can be sent to the following individual:

John D. Roman Assistant Statewide Prosecutor Florida Bar Number 392146 135 West Central Blvd. Suite 1000 Orlando, FL 32801 407-245-0893 John.roman@myfloridalegal.com

I sent additional information by email yesterday and received a prompt response. Telling your story may help the investigators to make their case stronger.

Julie N.
Nov 09, 2018

See my message below.

Julie N.
Nov 09, 2018

Kevin, first off, this was me being nice. I am THE WRONG person to be nasty with. You didn’t mention you being her son on the first message so if I ASSUMED you were an accomplice, you didn’t put out that information. Your MUM put herself in this situation, Tom did not put a gun to her head. My dealings was with that mother of yours. Never once did I ever meet Tom or had him in my dealings with that evil conniving self centered mother of yours. God was definitely on her side, because I would have seriously put hands on if I would have seen her before hand. My BEEF is NOT with Tom, it is definitely with YOUR MOTHER!!!

Ketzy V.

Last edited by phyl21 on Nov 09, 2018 06:43 PM

Nov 09, 2018

Thank you.....this is just their way to try and get frustration out.....You are right, Marion and Kelly did this, not me...…..I have supported myself since july 2012...……..and left Marion after I had a feeling something wasn't right...….January 2014 when my gut said leave.....after that, I have no idea what she got herself into...….I can prove my whereabouts, etc......But, this has nothing to do with me...….This is all on Marion and Kelly

Tom V.
Nov 09, 2018

And believe me, I have documents Marion signed my name too....Fraud....If my name is associated to anything Marion and/or Kelly have done, then its been forged and not to my knowledge...….Divorce has been filed...….

Tom V.
Nov 09, 2018

Hi Ketzy, I must apologise. If you have lost money via my Mum's business then I can understand your anger. If something like this happened to me, finding out that I’d lost hard earned money and a vacation, or supplying villas and other bookings and not getting paid for them, then I’d be angry too. I’d have lots of questions, and I’d want answers. And I understand that you made an assumption, you’re right, I didn’t make clear how I knew so much about Tom, so sorry about the conspiracy theory jibe, I must admit, I’m actually a bit of a conspiracy theory buff myself. I make all kinds of assumptions, my mind just gets carried away! Like right now actually....

You’ve only just started using this forum, actually within a few hours of me exposing Tom. That was quickly followed by a post from Tom. You’ve just posted again, and low and behold, who should turn up straight away but Tom! How did you find this place? You can’t have ticked the “alert me to replies in this topic” button to know about my post, because you hadn’t been here before. If fact you’re name hasn’t been on the other forums, nor can it be linked with any of the victims that have been mentioned in the court documents. Then I’m reading your response, things like “your mum put herself in this situation”, and “Tom did not put a friggin gun to her head”. How do you know these things? How do you know about their relationship? Do you know Tom? You seem extremely keen to absolve him of any responsibility, “My beef is not with Tom”, how do you know he has nothing to do with it? As I mentioned above, if this happened to me, I’d have all kinds of questions. Questions that some other people on this forum have already asked, like how come Tom’s name was on the disneyandi website after it had closed. How come you are so keen to write off the possibility that Tom had nothing to do with any of it?

As I said, my mind gets carried away. Or have I, somewhat ironically, exposed an attempted scam on a forum discussing alleged scams? Is this you as well Tom, or someone you know, so keen to protect you against my exposure?

Kevin M.
Nov 09, 2018

You have documents, do you Ketzy, sorry, Tom? Then how come they’ve not appeared in the evidence? Where’s your claim? I know you’ve been very helpful with the investigation, it was actually you who revealed my mum’s arrest through my 17 year old son’s Facebook wall, so why are you holding this back?

Kevin M.
Nov 09, 2018

I am on page 5, under THE WRONG ONE, where your mom tried to throw dirt on my name and ran with my deposit and lied and said I didn’t pay rent. That’s who I am. And let me let u know this, I never dealt with Tom, I heard about him by your crackhead looking mom. And as you may know by now, whenever something is posted in this forum, it automatically lets you know by email. If you still feel doubt of my existence, Julie R and I have emailed each other back and forth when you mother started disappearing on me, I just so happened to look her up and SCAM pops up. Btw, there is another forum that has your Moms name as well. My name is on there as well. I exist, mother of 3 and a disabled veteran. Ask your mom about me, she knows who I am.

Ketzy V.

Last edited by phyl21 on Nov 09, 2018 08:59 PM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.