Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

Has anyone ever been scammed using redweek?

Apr 04, 2017

I am a Marriott owner and realize as time goes on we won't be able to afford our weeks and points. What happens when we pass on and those are no longer paid for and used?

Carolyn S.

Last edited by carolyns225 on May 16, 2017 04:01 PM

Apr 11, 2017

Which "Renter agreement Contract" do owners use?

John M.
May 07, 2017

Quick question since I'm new to redweek and planning to rent for a week with my husband and two toddlers (under 3 yr old). I wanted to look at an all inclusive and I wasn't sure if when you rent in an all inclusive the price posted per night on the rental I assume allows you to access the all inclusive? or do you need to pay additional per guest beyond the rental?

Thanks in advance! just a little bit anxious. Flor

Florencia T.
May 07, 2017

I spent $100 for an ad over a month ago, and I've had nothing but excuses as to why they cannot run the ad.

They claim they are working through a backlog, but how hard is it to print an internet ad?

While my issue is different from yours, I would be careful.

Craig R.

Last edited by craigr32 on May 07, 2017 05:12 PM

May 07, 2017

florenciat wrote:
Quick question since I'm new to redweek and planning to rent for a week with my husband and two toddlers (under 3 yr old). I wanted to look at an all inclusive and I wasn't sure if when you rent in an all inclusive the price posted per night on the rental I assume allows you to access the all inclusive? or do you need to pay additional per guest beyond the rental?

Usually you have to pay the all-inclusive rate above and beyond the rental price. There are very few exceptions to this rule.

Lance C.
May 08, 2017

johnm3627 wrote:
Which "Renter agreement Contract" do owners use?

Some owners don't even bother with formal agreements at all, which is both foolish and unfair to BOTH parties (at least in my personal opinion). A formal agreement spells out everything about the rental in very clear and specific detail, including payment details and deadlines, cancellation / refund policy, specific check-in and check out dates and times, unit number, no sub-lease permitted, minimum age, unit occupancy limit, no pets allowed, etc. There is no credible possibility of ANY "misunderstandings" when BOTH parties sign a solid contract with crystal clear terms and conditions addressing ALL aspects of the rental.

You can find "short term lease" (rental agreement) templates with relative ease by searching around on the Internet, or you can just purchase one online directly from the magazine Timesharing Today (see http://www.tstoday.com; I think they charge $20 for a rental agreement template and $30 for a purchase and sale agreement template). RedWeek offers a sample agreement at no cost, but in my opinion that sample agreement needs work, as it fails to address cancellation / refund matters in the event of unexpected resort closure due to storm damage or other force majeure circumstances (matters outside the influence or control of owner OR prospective tenant).

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Sep 25, 2017 08:45 AM

May 08, 2017

RedWeek also provides a sample rental agreement on our website: Sample Rental Agreement

RedWeek Support
RedWeek.com

Last edited by phyl21 on May 08, 2017 08:08 AM

May 08, 2017

Hello,

Our sincere apologies for the time it took to get your posting verified and created. We were experiencing a high number of requests and we were working them in the order they were received. Part of our full-service process is to ensure all the details are accurate before we create the posting. Because of the high number of requests, we got a little backed up with the verifications. The good news is that your posting was verified and created. We wish you the very best in renting your unit and thank you for being a member of RedWeek.com!

Lorna Q.
RedWeek.com
May 11, 2017

I appreciate your comments--you suggested they might help another renter avoid this owner--but you did not provide his information. Can you provide that?

Jon F.
May 13, 2017

This owner must have a name. Can you share the name on redweek so others avoid dealing with him Thanks Patricia

Patricia M.
May 15, 2017

I'm admittedly puzzled by the last two posts above, both seeming to be asking for an "identity" --- who are you asking??? .....and asking in response to what / whose particular post???

Maybe I'm just missing something here, but I can see NO post(s) in this thread to which these last two inquiries might even possibly apply.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Jul 09, 2017 01:24 PM

Jul 09, 2017

If you notice, redweek has changed their website to allow owners to specify if it's oceanfront, Oceanside, oceanview or garden.

Robin H.
Sep 23, 2017

Our recent experience as timeshare owners using RedWeek's "Full-Service" rental program has been a NIGHTMARE in two separate instances. In one case, RedWeek had incorrectly listed our two bedroom, two bathroom unit with sleeping a capacity of "two". In reality the unit has capacity of at least six and in certain circumstances up to eight. This is after RedWeek had been informed of the capacity and had verified the unit with the resort. As a result of RedWeek's error, any potential renter seeking to find a unit of the appropriate size unit who filtered the potential available units would never even see our unit. Needless to say our best course of action going forward in that case will be to select an alternative usage as RedWeek clearly does not have any quality controls in place to properly list rentals and we have little confidence in what they describe as their "Full-Service" rentals. In another completely separate " case, we were first told our Thanksgiving week in Cancun at a very popular resort was successfully rented. Subsequently we were told that the renter "regrettably cancelled" and we'd be getting 50% of the rental amount (less fees) as a cancellation fee. When we later inquired as to when we should expect that payment, we were told the renter had claimed credit card fraud. Seems those explanations vary significantly... Not entirely sure what the correct answer is but would further think they must also be claiming contract fraud as we were provided a signed contract by RedWeek. Bottom line is it appears to us RedWeek is certainly not an advocate for owners and has no quality controls in place. Dealing with them is a nightmare that we will not relive going forward. In the meantime we'll seek advice on our best course of action and would strongly caution others (particularly owners) to avoid the RedWeek's "Full-Service" rentals as we believe you'll be totally wasting your money!

ken1208 wrote:
Mine was listed for months, a two nedroom Westin Maui property. I even paid for the verification. It did not sell and they will not refund anything. Good luck, but just assume your listing fee is gone. They will have a bunch of excuses that they will regurgitate to you, but its just to keep you from pulling your listing. Sorry for the negative respone, but I just went through it with them. My property is a 2 bedroom lock off at the Westin Maui resort. A very nice vacation spot. They did not even get an offer.

Richard W.
Sep 23, 2017

Not Redweek if verified, but sellers can scam anyone, what are you buying and how much?

Douglas C.
Sep 26, 2017

Hello Richard,

We regret to hear you have not been satisfied with our service. I've been trying to reach you by phone and email but have not been successful. We would like to discuss the issue in hand. I will follow up with you again and hopefully we can further discuss. Please let us know if there is a good date and time to call you. We look forward to having the opportunity to discuss this issue with you.

Lorna Q.
RedWeek.com
Sep 26, 2017

Hello Lorna,

I'm happy to have a conversation to further discuss our frustrations with RedWeek's "Full Service" rental program. Please provide a direct reach number and optimal times that would work for you. In advance of our call, it would be helpful if you familiarize yourself with all of the email exchanges to date. They will provide background on the two previously mentioned issues (1-error on unit posting, and 2-remters cancellation notification / credit card fraud) as well as several other issues that have also caused frustration since our units have been listed with RedWeek. These included RedWeek's lack of communications during the process and also RedWeek passing on to us (owners) certain processing fees that were previously absorbed by renters under the Full Service program.

lquijano wrote:
Hello Richard,

We regret to hear you have not been satisfied with our service. I've been trying to reach you by phone and email but have not been successful. We would like to discuss the issue in hand. I will follow up with you again and hopefully we can further discuss. Please let us know if there is a good date and time to call you. We look forward to having the opportunity to discuss this issue with you.

Richard W.
Sep 27, 2017

Hi Richard, I just emailed you to try coordinate a date and time to talk. Looking forward to helping you!

Lorna Q.
RedWeek.com
Sep 30, 2017

Hello Lorna,

Following our call, I sent you an email to thank you for taking the time to speak with me, document the highlights of our discussion with respect to the renters cancellation/subsequent alleged credit card fraud and request RedWeek take the necessary steps to expedite resolution of this matter and provide us with the compensation due us as soon as possible. We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Best regards, Richard

lquijano wrote:
Hi Richard, I just emailed you to try coordinate a date and time to talk. Looking forward to helping you!

Richard W.
Oct 02, 2017

Pretty sure I just got scammed. Paid for a week and received a guest cert from RCI which are not supposed to be sold. Not even sure if it's valid. The resort has no record of my last name.

Lyle L.
Oct 02, 2017

Lyle -

Please Contact Us and include the posting number of the rental. We will be happy to look into this issue further.

Thanks, Phyllis

RedWeek Support
RedWeek.com

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.