Grand Summit Hotel

rental income for studio

Nov 06, 2006

I'm currently looking into purchasing a studio at the Grand Summit ( all four quarters). I'm curious to know what kind of rental income anyone who owns there has seen. We would be using it as a rental and not staying there.

I'm also curious to know if anyone rents these units out without using the in-house rental pool, and how has this worked. Any info would be great

Thanks

Brent B.
Nov 16, 2006

Studios are not in demand there for the holiday weeks when you can see 5-7 day rentals. If you can buy at least a small 1 bedroom it would be a big advantage. I would discourage anyone from the studio unless you were using it yourself. In any unit there that you intend to rent, 100% ownership of all quarters is a big plus..............that is, if you have the time and organizational skills to rent all 52 weeks yourself.

From my experience as an owner there, those who are successfully making rental income do not participate in the in-house program. What management promotes as income potential for the in-house program and the reality are quite different as current owners can tell you. The accounting is not as transparent as owners would like it to be and currently the HOA is weak, but if you research as you are now doing and talk to owners, you will be able to make an informed decision.

There are owner discussion groups on the web where you can make contact for more info.

Thea C.

Last edited by hudson26 on Nov 16, 2006 08:38 PM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.