Club Wyndham & WorldMark Ocean Walk

I can't tell how many points they are selling

Nov 08, 2006

I own at Fairfield and would like to know how many points they are selling to compare. I may want to add some points by buying another time share, I'm thinking about it.

Jennifer A.
Dec 15, 2006

Hello,

When I purchased, I got 154,000 which I am thinking I don't need since I've never managed to get there. I am back in school and don't see where I will have the opportunity to vacation in the near future. What did you like most about the resort.

Chanel L.

Last edited by marty8084 on Dec 15, 2006 08:08 PM

Dec 16, 2006

I am a FF Owner and a Sheraton Vistana owner. I have been on numerous FF Sales pitches and I own 311,000 pts plus I pic into Fairfield my Sheraton Vistana for 154,000 pts. I bought new and resale. The price new were:

105,000 pts - bi-annual - $6500 in 2004 and Myrtle Beach 154,000 pts - annual - $21,400 in 2006 at Bonnet Creek - if you purchase at FF Bonnet Creek they try to make you buy 189,000 @ 27,500.

My resale was purchase at www.holidaygroup.com for 105,000 pts-annual at FF Nashville - $2500

Note: - You must buy new to belong to Plus Parters where you can use points for tickets, car rental, airfare, hotel rental - You must buy new to become VIP and above where you get additional discounts - however if you buy resale first they will let you combine with a new purchase if you demand it.

Good luck. If you just want to use the points to book timeshare I would buy resale, then if you like it I would purchase new to pull your portfolio together

Lanita P.
Dec 22, 2006

jennifera52 wrote:
I own at Fairfield and would like to know how many points they are selling to compare. I may want to add some points by buying another time share, I'm thinking about it.

You could browse the RedWish category here on RedWeek under "Vacation Points For Sale" to see if there are any other owners selling Fairfield points and what price they are asking. You could also post a RedWish under "Vacation Points Wanted".

Thanks Marty

Marty F
Dec 23, 2006

To get rid of timeshare you can donate it to charity:

Here is a list of charitable organizations that accept timeshare unit donations:

Community Housing and Development Corp 4550 W. Oakey Blvd. Suite 107 Las Vegas, NV 89102 Tel: (800) 746-8603 Fax: (800) 749-2176 Community Housing and Development Corp Timeshare Page

Gifts for Sight Timeshare Donation Program Center for Keratoconus 2360 Mendocino Ave. #A2-390 Santa Rosa, CA 95403 Tel: (707) 569-9200 Fax: (707) 569-9201 Call toll-free 1-800-595-6820 Gifts For Site Timeshare Donation

The Charity Group The Charity Group Timeshare Page

Helping Hands of America tel: 888-881-9090 Helping Hands of America Timeshare Page

Donate For A Cause 705 Osterman Drive, Suite B Bozeman, Montana 59715 Toll-Free: 877-8-A-CAUSE (877-822-2873) Email: info@donateforacause.org Donate For A Cause Timeshares

This is an umbrella site that accepts timeshare donations for a number of charitable sites. You can choose to donate your timeshare to any of the following sites in their program:

The American Kidney Fund: It is our nation's leading voluntary health organization serving people with and at risk for kidney disease through direct financial assistance, comprehensive education, clinical research and community service programs. Ninety-five cents of every dollar we spend goes directly to programs and services for kidney patients. In 2004, the Fund served more than 55,000 low-income kidney patients, distributing more than 100,000 grants totaling $57 million. The Fund has been named a Gold Star Charity by Forbes Magazine and one of America’s Best Charities by Reader's Digest. American Kidney Fund Timeshare Page

Big Sky Youth Empowerment Movement: Big Sky Youth Empowerment Project (byep.org)exists to provide at-risk kids in southwest Montana the chance to change their lives through snow sports, fly fishing and horseback riding. Through group recreation kids learn the tools necessary to lead successful lives. Every participant is outfitted through 100% scholarship funding.

The Florida Veterans Assistance Association: It is the fastest growing Veterans Service Organization in the United States with six major markets. Opened in Florida in June of 1996, we are now able to serve all Florida Veterans Hospitals. We're marching forward serving Veterans and their needs. By 2006, we expect to open offices and serve Veterans in ten more states.

International Hearing Dog: IHDI's mission is to train and place hearing dogs with persons who are deaf or hard-of-hearing, with and without multiple disabilities, at no charge to the recipient. IHDI is a non-profit organization fully funded by donations.

Logan's Hearts and Smiles: It provides accessibility remodeling to residential housing for the handicapped.

The National Foundation for Cancer Research NFCR was founded in 1973 to support cancer research in the laboratory. NFCR research conducted at both the cellular and molecular levels is leading to better prevention, earlier diagnosis, new treatments and eventually a cure of cancer. By supporting the best ideas of the best minds and by facilitating collaboration among NFCR Scientists, advances in one field contribute to discoveries in another. This is what NFCR's "Laboratory Without Walls" makes possible. National Foundation for Cancer Research Timeshare Page

The Network Against Sexual and Domestic Abuse It began serving clients in 1979. Over the past twenty - three years we have maintained our commitment to assisting victims of sexual and domestic abuse through intervention and prevention programs.

The Thomas Moore School It is a private non-profit school that serves children in the Paradise Valley here in Montana. This is a very rural area, so it is far away from bigger cities with public school and even further on cold snowy days. Many children who live in this area would have to travel hours to get to a public school. This school is very small, about 25 children grades K-12, and because they are not funded by government money, they are often lacking many of the tools necessary for the education of these children.

The Real Gift Foundation: It is dedicated to providing the necessary aid and assistance to, and for, children of homeless families so that they may better handle the challenges their lives bring and to give them the ability to face the future with hope, anticipation and optimism.

Great Beginnings Montessori School: It provides an exemplary and philanthropic Montessori Community for students, teachers, and parents. This mission is realized through several facets including providing student scholarships that make this unique and highly successful education available to the widest possible range of students. We also provide teacher training scholarships, internships for teachers working towards their Montessori certification and share our beautiful facility for teacher training courses and workshops for parents and the community that are free and open to the public. Our students also participate in community service projects each year for the local food bank, humane society and other disaster relief efforts.

The Children's Home: Since 1864, The Children's Home, in Burlington County, provides special education, residential treatment and emergency shelter to emotionally disadvantaged, at-risk girls and boys throughout New Jersey. TCH operates residential treatment cottages in Mount Holly and Lumberton NJ. TCH operates Mercer House Shelter, Ewing Township. Call: 1-877-TLC-KIDS or visit their website at Childrens-Home.org for more information.

THRIVE: Since 1986, THRIVE has been providing proactive programs that promote healthy families, successful kids and a strong community. THRIVE programs: CAP, The Parent Place, Parent Liaisons and the Partnership Project to Strengthen Families work in collaboration with schools and other community agencies to educate parents, mentor children and support families. AllThrive.org

Southern New Hampshire University Timeshare Donation Program

Director of Alumni and Donor Relations: Michael DeBlasi Phone: 603.645.9600 website page

Lanita P.
Jan 08, 2007

jennifera52 wrote:

I know where you can find out.

Chanel L.

Last edited by marty8084 on Jan 08, 2007 04:01 PM

Feb 25, 2007

There are a lot of things to like about the OceanWalk. 4 pools, 3 hot tubs, spa, mini golf, lazy river, bar, restaurant, and friendly staff.

A suggestion...if you are not able to get to the OceanWalk you can always use your points somewhere else.

We were not owners when we went there in February, but elected to give up the BeachWalk @ Waikiki for this one. Main reason was the availability for us to get there.

We have already scheduled a return visit for May and are taking two of the boys with us.

Good luck in your future vacationing.

Patti M.
Jul 10, 2007

I started with 126,000 for a week, now I own 636,000 points and would sell them all to you for $17,000 1 week purchase at Fairfield is around $21,000. My home base is Daytona Oceanwalk. You can get 5-6 weeks depending on when you can travel and what size unit you need. We just can't use them anymore.

Sandy F.

Last edited by sandy94 on Jul 10, 2007 01:05 PM

Jul 10, 2007

sandy94 wrote:
I started with 126,000 for a week, now I own 636,000 points and would sell them all to you for $17,000 1 week purchase at Fairfield is around $21,000. My home base is Daytona Oceanwalk. You can get 5-6 weeks depending on when you can travel and what size unit you need. We just can't use them anymore.
I am also an owner at Daytona Oceanwalk. Are your 636,000 points in one deed or several deeds? It may be easier for a first time owner to purchase a smaller number of points, e.g. 154,000.

Doreen W.
Jul 10, 2007

sandy94 wrote:

Sandy, you might try selling your points on RedWeek.com. Put your ad in the RedWish area.

Thanks, Marty

Marty F
Aug 01, 2007

doreenw3 wrote:
sandy94 wrote:
I am also an owner at Daytona Oceanwalk. Are your 636,000 points in one deed or several deeds? It may be easier for a first time owner to purchase a smaller number of points, e.g. 154,000.

All of my points are on one deed, but you can't buy one week at Fairfield for what I would sell 636,000 points for. One week at Fairfield starts at $21,000, I'd sell all my points for $17,000

Sandy F.
Aug 01, 2007

More of a tip about FF Points

- You don't pay RCI dues - You can bank 28,000 pt weeks with RCI and get prime locations (I have gotten gold crown resorts in Hawaii, Cancun, Acapulco, San Diego and Puerta Vallarta with a banked 28,000 pt week that I booked a year in advance for use on major holiday's) - You can use your points for cruises (the price is PER CABIN not per person)

Lanita P.
Aug 29, 2007

lanitap wrote:
I am a FF Owner and a Sheraton Vistana owner. I have been on numerous FF Sales pitches and I own 311,000 pts plus I pic into Fairfield my Sheraton Vistana for 154,000 pts. I bought new and resale. The price new were:

105,000 pts - bi-annual - $6500 in 2004 and Myrtle Beach 154,000 pts - annual - $21,400 in 2006 at Bonnet Creek - if you purchase at FF Bonnet Creek they try to make you buy 189,000 @ 27,500.

My resale was purchase at www.holidaygroup.com for 105,000 pts-annual at FF Nashville - $2500

Note: - You must buy new to belong to Plus Parters where you can use points for tickets, car rental, airfare, hotel rental - You must buy new to become VIP and above where you get additional discounts - however if you buy resale first they will let you combine with a new purchase if you demand it.

Good luck. If you just want to use the points to book timeshare I would buy resale, then if you like it I would purchase new to pull your portfolio together

We went recently to a timeshare presentation at Wyndham resorts and were told if you bought a resale you would have to use that resort as a weeks resort only. You could only go there on a the week that you own each year. I wrote to a gentleman that was selling a Wyndham Resort on e-bay and he said that wasn't true you can buy a resale and some of his resorts that he was trying to sell came with so many fairfield points depended on the resort. You then could use those points to go to other Wyndham-Fairfield Resorts. Now if I'm understanding you right you can buy a resale of Fairfield and obtain points you just never could get the benefits of a VIP statis and be able to check in early and upgrade without any costs ect. So you would have to buy from a developer if you wanted any of these perks? I'm trying to understand this so if we do buy a Wyndham-Fairfield Resort we make a well educated decision. Thanks Rachel

Rachel O.
Aug 30, 2007

When you buy FF Pts resale make sure where you buy was originally a FF Pts resorts (UDI), I was able to roll my resale points into my VIP status because I bought my resale at a Pts resort in Nashville. If you buy resale they say you won't be able to be part of "PLUS PARTNERS" where you can use your pts for airfare/car rental/disney tics/universal tics but I find the point value is too high to purchase these so you come out better buyin resale. Your salesperson lied to you just trying to get a sale. The only advantage to being VIP is that you get a points discount of 25% within 60 days of booking travel, VIP card, but I usually bank a 28,000 pt week with RCI (oh, Wyndam doesn't make you pay yearly RCI dues) which gives me 1 week of travel for less than points and I turn my 154,000 pts into about 4 weeks of travel. Again take my advice and buy resale from a reputable broker, and you can always haggle on your price. I got suckered into upgrading to VIP and if I had it to do over again I would have just bought resale and saved myself about 10K

Lanita P.
Apr 11, 2010

not selling any. RENTING

Sandra L.
Mar 23, 2012

Be careful, very, very careful when you are getting a sales pitch at a Wyndham resort or any other timeshare company for that matter. It's not that salesmen, who tend to be very friendly and charming, necessarily lie to you, but they resort to half truths and purposely fail to disclose a lot of infomation you may not like. They don't tell you these timeshares are virtually worthless once you pay thousands of $ to make a purchase. And they don't tell you that the week or weeks will be the responsibility of your next of kin once you're gone. I recently gave away six timeshare weeks, including four weeks at Worldmark/Windham at a beautiful oceanfront property in Depot Bay, OR., to charity. That's more than $6,000 in annual fees I dumped. I didn't want my kids to be stuck down the road with the outragious rising maintenance/homeowners dues. I also own four Marriott weeks and belong to their Vacation Club that allows me to convert the weeks to points that can be used at any of the great Marriott resorts. I don't know for sure, but think you have a better chance of getting some compensation back for selling a Marriott property.

David P.
Jan 25, 2013

How do you get 4 weeks of vacation out of 154,000 Wyndham points annually. I would love to know how. Booking through Wyndham I only get 1 week for those points if I am lucky.

Thank You

Kathy P.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.