Travel Tips & Advice

Car Rental Beware

Feb 11, 2011

Yes the same thing happened to us last month in PV-but we came prepared, we took colored copies of all our documents.

Madison R.

Last edited by marty8084 on Feb 11, 2011 03:26 PM

Jan 22, 2019

Myself I would use a car rental company that I'm familiar with . Remember you are giving these people access to your credit information .

Don P.
Jul 08, 2019

Choose a known reputable website and shop around, being prepared to do a couple of stopovers and take longer can be cheaper Also comparison sites are often inaccurate when you get to the Car-rental site so makes sure the price you book for on the Car-rental site is the same as was quoted in the comparison.

Casey L.
Jan 04, 2020

+++ They claimed I damaged their vehicle, I didn`t Not happy with charging a fair price for a rental, they will try to take more money from you for a multitude of reasons, very sneaky and under hand practices used in thousands of customers = millions of pounds extra profits for their shareholders

Tomas F.
Apr 22, 2021

Thanks a lot for this post

Tooky T.

Last edited by tookyt on Apr 22, 2021 03:08 AM

Apr 27, 2021

Avis did the old bait and switch to me as well. They allegedly ran out of minivans that I had reserved on line and wanted me to pay extra for a large luxury SUV. Took the car BC I was tired from the long layover flight and fought like hell upon the return a week later. Was able to settle for a little extra $ and they gave me some future credits that expired before I could use. I should have refused to sign the contract at the counter but my family and I just wanted to get out of the airport and start our vacation. Bunch of Pirates!!!

Tim R.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.