Timeshare Companies

raintree vacation club

Oct 29, 2019

NEVER IN A MILLION YEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IF I KNEW YOU WERE OBLIGATED FOR 44 YEARS, I WOULD TELL THEM NO! Just recently tried to see what are my options and their reply was:

As an alternative approach, we would suggest that you may think about transferring your membership interests to a third-party as follows*:

1. Sell your membership interests to a third-party; - YOU CAN'T GIVE THEM AWAY, MUCH LESS SELL THEM! 2. Assign or transfer your membership interests to a third-party; - WHO WOULD WANT THIS!!!!! 3. Donate your membership interests to a non-profit organization. - NO CHARITY WOULD EVEN CONSIDER TAKING ON THIS LIABILITY!

Surely there is some way both we as good standing members and RVC can come to some agreement on how to handle these members, due to financial conditions, and allow them to end their memberships without financial hardship to remaining members and RVC!

Ken W.

Last edited by ken1013 on Oct 29, 2019 09:55 PM

Dec 05, 2019

Sharing an experience all you guys can learn from. Against better judgment hired a time share attorney. They cannot get me out of Raintree/Club Regina timeshare. Raintree said same thing - sell, charity, donate. Raintree told lawyer they don't cancel timeshares. Wasted $2300.00. My next plan is not to pay maintenance fees. Has anyone out there tried to cancel their Raintree/Club Regina timeshare and had success? Would appreciate if you could share your experience.

Margaret S.

Last edited by margarets438 on Dec 05, 2019 04:10 PM

Dec 06, 2019

margarets438 wrote:
Against better judgment hired a time share attorney. They cannot get me out of Raintree/Club Regina timeshare. Raintree said same thing - sell, charity, donate. Raintree told lawyer they don't cancel timeshares. Wasted $2300.00. My next plan is not to pay maintenance fees. Has anyone out there tried to cancel their Raintree/Club Regina timeshare and had success?

It's too bad you found this website too late. It's emphasized no here to not pay any law firm, charity, or company an upfront fee to "cancel" a timeshare. Your best financial option right now is to just stop paying maintenance fees. You will face a barrage of collection calls and letters. Also, you might face a ding on your credit rating. But, after some time, those calls will just stop and Raintree will terminate your membership which is what you want.

Lance C.
Dec 10, 2019

thank you

Margaret S.
Dec 13, 2019

Thank you so much!

Long Q.
Feb 04, 2020

I spoke with Raintree and currently they are not reporting unpaid maintenance fees to credit reporting agencies. I paid my fees this year but am considering not paying next year. Let me know how it goes.

Lincoln T.
Feb 20, 2020

Can you please give another update, your experience to date with "stop paying your Raintree maintenance fees" Is it true that it did not affect your credit? I have owned since 1999, I own it until 2046. Never late on payments, paid the special assessments. We are done. Maintenance fees are $1368 this year for 30K points which is a one bedroom unit in the off season. Called Houston HQ and they said "sell it", donate it, rent it out, but are not taking it back. Not even if I pay the transfer fees.

Really appreaciate any up to date postings from other Raintree Vacation Club owners fed up with the outrageous fees.

Jane B.

Last edited by janeb492 on Feb 21, 2020 11:43 AM

Aug 21, 2020

it only cost 8,000 points for a 1 wk studio at the Raintree in Cabos next month.

Robert C.
Nov 01, 2021

I took the 7 year buyout and I’m done. No AC this year, black floating algae in the pools, green algae on the bottom of the pool. The filters were not even running. This is a danger to people’s health.

Connie M.
Feb 13, 2024

I purchased through Club Regina in 1999. The timeshare has long been paid off & I have paid the yearly increased maintenance fees for 25 years. I haven’t used it since 2016. The last two times I went to Puerto Vallarta they tried to put me & my family in a room that I call a dungeon on the first floor that smelled like cigarette smoke with no view other than a parking lot. That is not what I paid for yet they didn’t care. I never upgraded to Raintree, just continued to pay my maintenance fees. My most- recent issue is I paid my maintenance fee on line through Raintree however, made the mistake of scheduling a two payment option. I paid the maintenance fee off early & they still grabbed another $916.00 from my account. They have lied to me time & time again. It’s been 45 days & I’m still waiting for my refund. Stay away from this company. I have absolutely no trust in them & am not sure if I’m a member since I never upgraded with this corrupt company

ylmarks wrote:
is anyone a member and what do you think about it? Are you automatically a member if you own at Club regina?

Patricia R.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.