Club Wyndham & WorldMark Ocean Walk

Week on hold...need advise

Nov 20, 2006

Hello...RCI is holding a week in a 1bdr here for the 3rd week of july. We have 2 children 7 and 2. Would like anyones opnion of this resort for a good family vacation. I know the area well, lived there for 4 years...so I just need resort specific info.

Thanks!

Dave

Dave L.
Nov 25, 2006

dave1108 wrote:
Hello...RCI is holding a week in a 1bdr here for the 3rd week of july. We have 2 children 7 and 2. Would like anyones opnion of this resort for a good family vacation. I know the area well, lived there for 4 years...so I just need resort specific info.

Thanks!

Dave

I have stayed at this resort on two occasions in the summer time. If you want to be at the beach it is accessed directly across the pool area, it has a tube river, Daytona has a number of things for families. You should love your stay.

Melvin P.
Jan 16, 2007

dave1108 wrote:

Thanks!

Dave

You have one of the best resorts in the country. Not only is it gold crown from the standpoint of unit size,furnishings etc., but the location is absolutely perfect. Right on the ocean on a part of the beach where no cars are allowed, with the ampitheater right next to the resort, the boardwalk with games etc.next to the ampitheater. Also the two towers have two inside pools in case of rain, an inside miniture golf course and for small children a wonderfull spraying pool and lazy river with two large pools. Also the activity department is outstanding with kids.

Have a great time. PS if you want to discuss this in more detail my E mail is Flancianese@msn.com,or call me at 330-773-6506

Frank L.
Mar 29, 2007

stayed there last summer with 3 boys ages 11,9,and 4. they had something for all three. my older boys left each morning after breakfast with walk about radios and we called them in for meals and did status chks on them but for the most part they were on their own. they didn't even want to leave the resort to go into orlando to the theme parks. they never want to go anywhere else again.

Pamela R.
May 27, 2007

dave1108 wrote:

Thanks!

Dave

the best of the best

Rick G.
Jun 22, 2008

dave1108 wrote:

Thanks!

Dave

I've been staying at th Oceanwalk since day one. It was a very nice resort before they built the second building. It's really showing a lot of wear and tear. Be ready to fight for a chair by the pool. Very ,Very crowded and not enough seats. If you like the feel of Miami then you've come to the right place.

Jeff S.
Jun 26, 2008

We just returned from two weeks at OceanWalk, with adult children, grandchildren,including adult grandchildren. We have gone to OceanWalk for 5 summers around the first of June and have watched it deteriate dramatically. I dont know what has happened but it has occurred since Fairfield was bought out by Cendant and merged with the Wyndham chain.The resort is way over crowded to the point where at the weekends during the checkin and checkout period, there is at least a fifteen minute to halfhour wait for the elevator. There are not nearly enough luggage carriers ( I think the consigners hide them so you have to go through them,which of course requires a tip), and it is impossible to get a chase at the swimming pools.The housekeeping is terrible,maintenance does not respond to problems very quickly. Most of all absolutly stay away from Member Service where you will be treated to a "boiler room sales"operation.If you would like to discuss this further call me at 330-773-6506 or 330-352-6445.

Frank L.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.