Timeshare Exchanges

SFX exchange company

Nov 21, 2006

San Francisco exchange is good at getting the weeks for exchange but in 2 years they have not had one property available to meet my several and varied requests. Now it's time to sign up for another year, joke! I would love to be part of a class action suit with these guys or maybe it was just my luck.

Eugene F.
Dec 02, 2006

I haven't tried to exchange with them, but I got really irritated with their customer service.

I get emails advertising "2 for 1" weeks. Well, in their world, that means you pay for one then you pay $299 for the 2nd. I wrote to complain about their "false advertising" and they got VERY ugly with me. I couldn't believe it was a customer service person writing those things. They said next time I should read the whole advertisement properly and that I was "misinterpreting factual information" and then they cancelled my membership (which I didn't ask them to.) I wrote back and told them to reinstate me (they did), that I HAD read the advertisement thoroughly and that all my life (in America at least) "2 for 1" means you pay for one and you get another free. What they should say is "Buy one, get a deep discount for a 2nd."

Vickie C.
Jan 16, 2007

Thank you. I was "offered" this exchange company in the purchase of our Mayan Resorts timeshare. I'll just skip it.

Laurie L.
Jan 20, 2007

I have had some decent exchages with the SFX company, although not as much activity and offerings as thru RCI or even my own t/s company. I am to the point of keeping my weeks and using at my own timeshares as we own top notch resorts, and seldom do our exchanges measure up to what we give up.

SFX do not have as much inventory as the other exchange companies do. If you read the T/S magazines published, SFX exchanges are very very low in comparison to the bigger companies like RCI, II, and even many others such as dial an exchange (that I have yet to use).

As I have a high value Mayan Palace week, I have now opted to join the request first program. I won't be depositing another week with SFX until I get what I want first, that way I book my Mayan and should SFX come thru, cancel and exchange.

In the past, I have had some good luck with exchanges with SFX to California resorts (and also one nice one to Saint Maartin). California seems to be their specialty. If you really want to go to CA, this seems to be a good place to exchange as RCI never seems to have anything for me in California high season.

Elizabeth C.
Jan 20, 2007

What is the SFX "request first" program? How does it work? I too have Mayan Palace floating week.

Laurie L.
Feb 03, 2007

If you want to travel to Mexico, SFX can be great. I used a bonus week to go to Lawrence Welk near San Diego and a week to go the Grand Mayan Nuevo Vallarta for New Years. Used properly, they can be very good.

Travelling Edith
Feb 04, 2007

SFX is particular about what they will accept for their trading pool. They specialize in popular resorts in popular diestinations and high end timeshare such as Hilton, Marriott, Westin etc.

If you have a mediocre resort in a mediocre season I would try www.tradingplaces.com if you want to try an independent exchange company.

R P.
Feb 14, 2007

lauriel25 wrote:
Thank you. I was "offered" this exchange company in the purchase of our Mayan Resorts timeshare. I'll just skip it.
Hi Laurie, we just purchased a Mayan resorts time share. Which locations have you been to and what are your favorites? thanks! Bob & Colette Alaska

Colette M.
Feb 14, 2007

Hi Bob and Collette, Hope you don't mind if I step in. I own at the mayan palace as well. My husband is not too pleased with our purchase, but I sure like staying at their resorts. We have been to Puerto Penasco, Riviera Maya , Acapulco and Nuevo Vallarta. You can find lots of reviews on all the sites at www.tripadvisor.com . Everyone loves to talk about the MP. Sorry everyone, we are getting off topic.

Kari B.
Feb 25, 2007

colettem8 wrote:
lauriel25 wrote:
Hi Laurie, we just purchased a Mayan resorts time share. Which locations have you been to and what are your favorites? thanks! Bob & Colette Alaska

We also own with Mayan Palace and have SFX but have never tried to use it. Seems too vague compared to II and RCI offerings and CA is of no great interest to us. We've been at Mayan's Puerto Vallarta and Acapulco though we, technically, own at Cancun. Nuevo Vallarta is lovely--a world of its own--but we liked Puerto Vallarta at the Marina with more local color and less distance. Mayan Acapulco is also a long taxi ride into the city but a fantastic resort.

Mary D.

Mary D.
Jan 13, 2008

Hi I just got a membership with the grand mayan and was offered a membership with SFX and I was told if I didnt use it they would rent it out and I would get payed for it can anyone tell me if this is right marie

Marie O.
Mar 07, 2008

We have traded with SFX 2 times.

First time 4 yrs ago and went to a decent resort Pahio in Princeville kaui. We had forgot to deposit our timeshare and they were able to honor it. Scond time we used the 2 for 1 thing they do and took 2 weeks in a row. Oahu at fairfield then Maui at the schooner....that worked out well. Seems like they do have less inventory and you have to be flexible about when you want to go. None of the accomidations were as nice as the timeshare we bought into. Schooner was the weakest place we have stayed at but worth the 400 we spent for the week.

Mike E.
Mar 09, 2008

eugene121 wrote:
San Francisco exchange is good at getting the weeks for exchange but in 2 years they have not had one property available to meet my several and varied requests. Now it's time to sign up for another year, joke! I would love to be part of a class action suit with these guys or maybe it was just my luck.

Count me in, I have the same desire!

Gene F.
Mar 09, 2008

lauriel25 wrote:
I to was offered this with the same resort but they gave me a name of mr johnson to deal whit but when I asked for him he doesnt work there it makes me wounder if anything was the truth

Marie O.
Mar 09, 2008

marieo17 wrote:
lauriel25 wrote:
I to was offered this with the same resort but they gave me a name of mr johnson to deal whit but when I asked for him he doesnt work there it makes me wounder if anything was the truth
== There seems to be a lot of turnover in these businesses. Surely, there MUST have been a Mr. Johnson at some time! We got SFX automatically with Mayan. No charge. No loss. Made no deposit. MD

Mary D.
Mar 11, 2008

lauriel25 wrote:
I tried it after a grand testimonal... no response from them at all. They were hateful and non functional.

Sally N.
Mar 12, 2008

If you don't mind me asking. Is there a cost associated with the exchange? If yes, how much?

Nolan A.
May 06, 2008

lauriel25 wrote:

Laurie - do you still have your Mayan Resorts Timeshare. I just signed on with Redweek and wanted to know what kind of luck you've had when renting, banking or exchanging.

Kathy O.
May 06, 2008

mikev35 wrote:

First time 4 yrs ago and went to a decent resort Pahio in Princeville kaui. We had forgot to deposit our timeshare and they were able to honor it. Scond time we used the 2 for 1 thing they do and took 2 weeks in a row. Oahu at fairfield then Maui at the schooner....that worked out well. Seems like they do have less inventory and you have to be flexible about when you want to go. None of the accomidations were as nice as the timeshare we bought into. Schooner was the weakest place we have stayed at but worth the 400 we spent for the week.

Looking at trying to go to Hawaii thru Redweek. Any Suggestions?

Kathy O.
May 07, 2008

kathyo56 wrote:
mikev35 wrote:

Looking at trying to go to Hawaii thru Redweek. Any Suggestions?

============ Kathy, you may want to start a new topic with a more specific title (i.e Hawaii Redweek Exchange). People who could provide info might not be looking at a thread titled SFX Exchanges.

Mike N.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.