Marriott's Ocean Pointe

floating week

Dec 18, 2006

What is a floating week? If I need the first full week in April how would that work?

James M.
May 12, 2007

A floating week floats within the season that it is purchased(platinum, gold, or silver). I think that April would be a silver week and should be relatively easy to get.

Matt C.
Dec 11, 2012

Which weeks will the Gold be for rent ? Can we chosse a specific week?

Elena B.
Dec 20, 2012

I own 2 silver weeks at Marriott Ocean Pointe. The dates of the silver season are the month of May thru Memorial Week, the from Labor Day week through the 1st 2 or 3 weeks of December. The Gold season is the summer season. Platinum begins late December before Christmas until Silver begins in May. If you are interested in April, then that is Platinum and difficult to get. You may have an easier time of it after Easter week when children return to school.

matt60 wrote:
A floating week floats within the season that it is purchased(platinum, gold, or silver). I think that April would be a silver week and should be relatively easy to get.

Timothy S.
May 18, 2016

WHAT WEEKS ARE HIGH OR MEDIUM FLOATING WEEKS AT OCEAN POINTE IN PALM SHORES FL.T

Lynne F.
May 20, 2016

A calendar for Marriott Ocean Pointe is available at VacationClub.com. If you can access that site, then you can get specific week numbers to answer your question.

In general, there are 3 seasons at Ocean Pointe: Silver, Gold and Platinum.

The Silver season begins in the beginning of May and ends with the week that includes Memorial Day. The season begins again with the week that includes Labor Day and ends after the second week of December.

The Gold season is the summer season sandwiched between the end of Labor Day week until the week before Labor Day week.

Platinum season begins in December after Silver season ends and continues until Silver season begins again at the beginning of May.

The Platinum season is in most demand because it is in the winter months and early Spring. Gold covers the summer when children are out of school. Silver is the season that, I assume, is in lowest demand.

Timothy S.
May 21, 2016

THANK YOU SO MUCH.THIS WAS A BIG HELP

Lynne F.
May 21, 2016

Very happy to help.

Timothy S.
Mar 24, 2017

Okay, so at Ocean Pointe, the listings are Low, Medium, and High. That would correspond to Silver, Gold, and Platinum?

James C.
Apr 26, 2017

Silver is late spring. Usually mid April to late May early June, then again in fall. October, end, is one of best weeks in Florida .

Wonet K.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.