Harborside Resort at Atlantis

Should I ask for interest before I ask for an exchange?

Dec 26, 2006

OK...kind of new to all this. I have tried unsuccessfully to exchange a 2BR 2BA sleeps 8 Villa at the Sheraton Vistana Resort in Orlando for something at the Harborside Resort using the Starwood on-line program and I have kept trying for almost 4 months, almost always requesting the exchange precisely on the 8 month date, but not getting lucky. So I'm trying a different tactic, and would appreciate an opinion. I reserved the Christmas Week for 2007, 12-22 to 12-29-07, in hopes that this week would be attractive enough to lure a Harborside owner into a "private" trade. So, can I post this just to attract maybe some interest and then place an ad for exchanging it ? Thanks for your thoughts.

Redd W.
Jan 09, 2007

Hi. I am replying to my own message! I need to get a life! LOL! Anyway, I took the plunge and am now posting a RedWish to attract anybody with an interest in exchanging with us for a week in the Caribbean. My villa is available for Christmas Week, 12-22 to 12-29-07, Saturday to Saturday, at the Sheraton Vistana Resort in Orlando, Florida. Take a look and think about spending next Christmas with Mickey Mouse and friends! You can also rent it from me if you prefer! See the ad in the Timeshares For Rent Board of the Vistana Resort. Don't delay! You can lock in some early bird airline travel rates by booking right now!

Redd W.
Jan 20, 2007

Yes, post it on Redweek until March 1st for free and see if anyone is interested.

daddyd wrote:
OK...kind of new to all this. I have tried unsuccessfully to exchange a 2BR 2BA sleeps 8 Villa at the Sheraton Vistana Resort in Orlando for something at the Harborside Resort using the Starwood on-line program and I have kept trying for almost 4 months, almost always requesting the exchange precisely on the 8 month date, but not getting lucky. So I'm trying a different tactic, and would appreciate an opinion. I reserved the Christmas Week for 2007, 12-22 to 12-29-07, in hopes that this week would be attractive enough to lure a Harborside owner into a "private" trade. So, can I post this just to attract maybe some interest and then place an ad for exchanging it ? Thanks for your thoughts.

Mark L.
Feb 07, 2007

That is probably your only chance; Harborside is a very powerful exchange and for someone to trade you for Orlando would be very unlikely. There are so many options in Orlando that the trade woul be hard to justify. I would suggest that you try to get a holiday week and then rent it out through Redweek and use the money to rent at Atlantis. Depending on when you travel to Atlantis you may be able to cover the cost. Just my opinion though ... good luck!

Marc S.
Apr 21, 2007

I think marc340 gave you the best advice. You're better off renting your Orlando villa and then paying to rent at Harborside. Just know that Christmas at Harborside is considered Platinum so you might want to consider a different week. Also a number of folks may not know that Harborside now has a "friends and family deal" meaning that if you know a Harborside owner you can get (I'm not sure but I think it's 4 nights) at a lower cost because naturally they want to see you a timeshare.! Good luck.

Patricia T.
Apr 23, 2007

markl106 wrote:
Yes, post it on Redweek until March 1st for free and see if anyone is interested.

daddyd wrote:

Janice S.
Apr 23, 2007

We made an exchange for Harborside by calling Starwood Owner Services directly. We did, however, have to settle for a smaller unit and will upgrade if something becomes available. Booking online is not true time, better to call direct: 1-800-847-8262.

Janice S.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.