Jan 08, 2007

I am very concerned about the odor when the wind blows the right direction from trash from the Atlantis - has anyone else had this problem?

Nancy U.
May 11, 2007

Since Atlantis has been built - the island is no longer the quiet peaceful resort it once was. Where else can I find the quiet, understated resort?

Nancy U.
Jul 20, 2007

nancybelle2 wrote:
I am very concerned about the odor when the wind blows the right direction from trash from the Atlantis - has anyone else had this problem?

That's not "Atlantis garbage" you are smelling...it's the Sewage Treatment site across the road from the "Harbourclub" Happens rarely because wind very rarely blows east. Now the Harbourclub....they get it all the time. Have been going to PIBC since 1993 so I know what I'm talking about. The smell was there long before Atlantis was even thought of!

Pat S.
Feb 09, 2008

Yup, it was always hit or miss. Always seems worse down by the kitchen/housekeeping entrance hallway. I used to belong there back when PIBC was still under construction. Just take a walk out to the beach, you'll forget all about it!

Mike O.
Feb 09, 2008

mikeo78 wrote:
Yup, it was always hit or miss. Always seems worse down by the kitchen/housekeeping entrance hallway. I used to belong there back when PIBC was still under construction. Just take a walk out to the beach, you'll forget all about it!

I could not agree more Mike!! We are fortunate enough to have the best beach on the island plus the friendliest complex. I can hardly wait for my 2 weeks each year!

Pat S.
Feb 24, 2008

We noticed the odor the week we bought 17 years ago, but when we are on the beach we do not notice it at all. It is clearly from the sewage plant. Guests who have stayed with us mention it at first when walking down the road to the main road but it is always soon forgotten. We have never found a more beautiful beach and the privacy is terrific even with the new million dollar homes built.

Marcia S.
Feb 26, 2009

Some say its the prices, some say its the "Bahmian Time" of how you are served, some even stated because I am a tourist spending money, you should jump through hoops for me, some even spent too muchtime in the crowded Mexican resorts, and became deathly sick, But some saying an odor?? Never... mostly its the 4 somes above scratching their wallets.

Robert S.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.