Jan 10, 2007

Wondering if anyone has any information on the specific dates that the remodel will commence at the PV Westin Regina location.

Kayla H.
Jun 21, 2009

I am sure it is going to depend on the special assessment they are trying to shove down the owners throats right now

Sharon T.
Aug 09, 2009

Remodel? I am shocked, as an owner, to see Club Regina is now a part of the Westin family! Never received any notification on this and its meaning. This really raises questions about the special assessment that they were trying to collect. Westin?! Wow. No notice at all.

Tana J.
Aug 09, 2009

Club Regina is actually no longer a part of Westin family; they [Westin & Club Regina/Raintree] originally started out that way to some degree. A few years ago (3? 4?)the two formally parted ways and became two separate entities. This lead to the beginning of the controversy regarding the shamefull deterioration of the Club Regina buildings - their sales reps claimed that during the tenure where Westin & Club Regina/Raintree were together, that the Westin spent more than necessary towards upkeep for "Westin" buildings - and less than necessary amounts to the Regina buildings. [This of course, was the feedback when asked, from a Club Regina employee/PV and is of course only their opinion]

In PV however, the 'property' itself is one in the same (shared)- the Westin hotel is has buildings on one side, and the Club Regina comprises another set of buildings on the other side of the property.

Kayla H.
Aug 10, 2009

Thank you for that information. However, I just wonder, when I bought my timeshare in 2001, why was I not aware of the Westin family at all? Was there correspondence sent out regarding this separation to the member? What does this mean? I am worried that I may have purchased based on a Westin room and now have to settle for a Club Regina room. I am so disappointed in this entire deal with Club Regina. I don't feel informed enough and then they have the audacity to send me a bill for an assessment (that was later recalled but I'm sure will show up somewhere). Thanks for the information. By the way, the resort is still being advertised on a lot of sites as a Westin property. If they have separated 3 or 4 years ago why are websites still reflecting Club Regina, a Westin property? I guess I've made a big mistake by purchasing with Club Regina or is it Westin? lesson learned.

Tana J.
Aug 11, 2009

When you bought - the two were in business together in some fashion; while we talked at length about the marriage of the two companies when we first bought our weeks, I don't recall the exact agreements between the two. I'm sure this information can easily be found online. While the Westin hotel and Club Regina share "property" - their "rentals" have never been one in the same. So, as a Raintree Club Regina owner for example, you never had access to book a "Westin" hotel room using your Regina vacation time - when, for example, booking at a property such as PV, where the Westin and Club Regina both have "lodging on the same property. We've used time at the Club Regina and then hit the starwood hotels (westin) website to book additional nights at the Westin hotel on the same property. The Westin and Club Regina are also on the same property in Los Cabos. Judging by the pictures I've seen - it likely works the same way; Westin has their traditional hotel rooms and the Raintree Club Regina has its lodging. If you're in need of more info, I'd go back and look for info for the time period when the two formally separated. We had a long discussion with a Club Regina rep in PV about it about 2yrs ago, but I'd be very loosely paraphrasing to recall the conversation.

Kayla H.
Jan 25, 2010

The club HAS ALWAYS been part of Westin until September 2009 when the club and Westin parted ways

David D.
Jan 26, 2010

Club Regina was NEVER part of Westin, check your contracts and you will not see Westin anywhere. Since they occupy close proximity with the Westin Hotels in Mexico they share amenities or at least they did until just recently. You can no longer receive a discount at the Westin concessions nor use the spas as part of your membership nor charge Westin run restaurants to your Club Regina room account. They have constructed a fence down the middle of the property in Puerto Vallarta. It is a total mess and no one knows what is going to happen as most of the members are refusing to pay not only the special assessment but the regular inflated yearly fees as well.

Sharon T.
Jan 27, 2010

Actually that's not the case ( that they've never been linked w/Westin in some business sense). In approximately 2005 we had a long talk with folks at Club Regina regarding the division of 'whatever' the string was that held them together with Westin. They were quite specific that they cut that string to maintain complete control of member fees, because Raintree (et al) felt that Westin poured all the money ( that was joined again, by some specific that I don't recall) into renovation & upkeep of THEIR properties and not the Club Regina portion. Now, having said that - I reiterate that the link that bound them prior to their 'division' isn't clear to me. But - the conversation about the parting of was very purposeful on the part of the Raintree folks and it was important to them to explain fully why they were doing it, and of course try to tell everyone why it would be so fantastic and that it would amount to beautiful renovations, etc etc.... and we all know how that worked out.

So about that fence down the PV property...can you tell us more about that? Does it divide the whole property, as in pools, beach access, restaurants, etc? and the fence is for remodel? who's remodel?

Kayla H.
Jan 27, 2010

As I stated before check your contract-Westin is never mentioned. Westin/Starwood have their own vacation ownership program that has absolutely nothing to do with Raintree/Club Regina and never has. I previously lived in Puerto Vallarta and worked as a VLO (escrow officer of sorts) in timeshare. The persons that told you that your membership was tied to Westin in any fashion were misleading you in order to make a sale or do an upgrade for more money. Like I said pull out your contracts and you will see that the Westin is not mentioned.

The fence seperates the property. The club side has the childrens loud pool area. The other pools belong to Westin and they are behind the fence. You can access at the far end of the beach or at the top of the pool area where the Westin towel station is. It is along walk and you are required to give your room number in order to gain access.

I would not count on any remodeling going on anytime soon as thousands of members are boycotting the special assessment. I bought quite a few weeks on ebay myself so I stand to lose one platinum week and 7 gold weeks as a result of not paying these inflated fees.

Sharon T.
Feb 04, 2010

We bought in 1998 in Cabo and were told that we could use the Westin gym and tennis courts w/o charge. We used the gym several times over the years w/o charge and may even have parked in the garage w/o charge. Also regularly used the Westin pools. Now Westin and Raintree have parted ways and apparently we lose these privileges and they expect us to pay a special assessment. Very disappointed with Raintree. They have got to fix this. Loss of these amenities will lessen the vacation experience and reduced the value of our timeshare.

Herb K.
Feb 07, 2010

Fact is that when Club Regina started, Westin was not even part of Starwood and neither Westin nor Starwood were in the timeshare business. Apparently, the owners of the Mexican Westin hotels (I don't think this was Westin, Westin just managed the hotels) seem to have gone into business together. For years many of the units at the Club in Cabo were held for hotel usage and Club Regina had sales table in the Westin lobby. We were always told that we could use the Westin gym and tennis courts w/o charge, apparently another misrepresentation by Club Regina timeshare people and later repeatedly repeated by Raintree. Now Westin has had a parting of ways with Raintree and we are screwed unless Club Regina got some type of easement or right to use the hotel facilities. I'd be surprised if they were smart enough to do this. If we can't use hotel gym and pools, Raintree ought to let owners use the facilities at the Grand Regina. That is part of Raintree.

Herb K.
Jun 13, 2010

Greetings,

Can anyone update us on the special assessment fees for Club Regina/RVC owners? Did they finally follow their CEO, Doug Bech's, intentions to end special assessments for 5 or 10 yrs (except for natural disasters)? I'm considering buying into Club Regina/RVC via the outstanding resales currently on the market, but will only do this if special assessments are under control for the next few years. Good to see reviews from recent guests are still very positive.

BTW: Most major timeshare companies (Marriott & Diamond) have also been applying special assessments/reserve fund collections to maintain or improve property conditions. These are usually for major remodelling or structural updates to the buildings. They often appear simply as increased maintenance fees, but if you review the fine print you should see a significant amount of the totals are often for reserve funds/special assessments. Note: The best approach is a modest reserve fund collection every year ($100- 200) will allow for most major remodelling or structural repairs every 5 years, but mgmt company must be disciplined in retaining the reserve funds for that purpose. Some reallocate the funds to replenish unpaid maintenance funds and later lack needed reserve funds.

Appreciate any updates. E. Cordova

Erman C.

Last edited by ermanc on Sep 04, 2010 10:49 PM

Jul 08, 2010

They are still attempting to collect Special Assessment fees from all members. I am a B-Share member and my contract does not have a provision which allows this. Never the less, RVC is still trying to collect. I would not buy anything from RVC.

Anne D.
Sep 03, 2010

Just curious, what does VLO stand for? I've never heard the term before.

Thanks!

Elena C.
Sep 03, 2010

Oh please! E. Cordova must work for RVC! No members are happy and, as you know, a law suit was recently filed by the members against RVC due to special assessment. This is a joke! I'd never buy this again. I'll sell it to you for a buck!

Anne D.

Last edited by anned135 on Sep 03, 2010 12:38 PM

Sep 03, 2010

I am a B-share member and mine doesn't have a provision either. Are you aware that a law suit has been filed by a member group against RVC? The suit was filed in California as a result of the Special Assessment.

Anne D.
Sep 03, 2010

Shove isn't the word.

Anne D.
Sep 04, 2010

anned135 wrote:
Oh please! E. Cordova must work for RVC! No members are happy and, as you know, a law suit was recently filed by the members against RVC due to special assessment. This is a joke! I'd never buy this again. I'll sell it to you for a buck!

anned135, Sorry to disappoint you but I neither work for RVC or any other timeshare company. I do own over a 20 timeshares in all parts of the world. I'm sorry to hear so much anger at RVC over their Mexico properties. They seem to have managed their US and Canada properties to greater owner satisfaction.

I would like to inform all that all RVC properties are now listed on the Diamond Resorts website as associate properties eligible to be traded with all of Diamond's other properties. Perhaps DRI is in the process of purchasing RVC as they have many other timeshare companies.

Good luck with what ever path you choose.

EC

Erman C.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.