Point Systems

Global Access thru Orange Lake Resorts

Jan 21, 2007

Does anyone have any experience exchanging their "week" to Global access points? Any positive or negative feedback?

Lee S.
Feb 01, 2007

Extremely positive, Point are the new timeshare and the tune up to get all you travel expenses covered under your deed! If you have enough points!

Erica C.
Mar 01, 2007

lee144 wrote:
Does anyone have any experience exchanging their "week" to Global access points? Any positive or negative feedback?
Hi.

I have purchased an extra week so that I can use weeks with 'Global'.

My experience is that I am appauled by the service provided by Global and RCI.

They have turned me from an Orange Lakes lover into a hater of this system. I am now considering selling the three weeks I own because I spend hours on the phone resolving problems.

I cannot easily book exchanges and the management of these organisations need to experience the low standard of customer service experienced.

My advice. DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT

Ian F.
Apr 20, 2007

ianf18 wrote:
lee144 wrote:
Hi.

They have turned me from an Orange Lakes lover into a hater of this system. I am now considering selling the three weeks I own because I spend hours on the phone resolving problems.

I cannot easily book exchanges and the management of these organisations need to experience the low standard of customer service experienced.

Ya know, I was thinking about changing one of my weeks to points thru Global Access. The communication was terrible and thet don't know if they are on foot or horseback. Anyway, yesterday we were told that us old owners are grandfathered into the old sysytem in which , as a weeks and points owners of time shares thru RCI, I can still deposit a week with RCI and then change the week to RCI points. In my case, no need for Global Access. In any case they are pretty bad off. I called and said I was interested in Global Access and it took the 4 weeks to call back amd 3 weeks to send me the paper work. I am thankful that I have not done anything

Lee S.
Apr 22, 2007

lee144 wrote:

My experience is it is bad. Very difficult to work with and get anything you want.

Dawn J.
Apr 22, 2007

dawn91 wrote:
lee144 wrote:

My experience is it is bad. Very difficult to work with and get anything you want.

I have never met anyone with 1/2 a brain that couldn't spend their points. Online it is easiest so you can choose how to spend them yourself. If you aren't that savvy, you will spend a lot of time on the phone (hold) with someone who may or may not know what they are talking about. I suggest people who aren't online savvy do not buy in, but what are you doing on here?????

Erica C.
Apr 22, 2007

I don't understand your response. I don't think the issue I brought up was whether your'e on-line savvy or if you are able to spend the points.( or how much of a brain the other respondant has) The question raised was to whether anyone had experience using the new Global Access System being promoted by Orange Lake to its' owners. Are you a Global Access member? I agree with you on the advatage of points vs weeks ownership. But,I have not run across anyone satisfied with Global Access

Q=ericac22]

dawn91 wrote:
lee144 wrote:

I have never met anyone with 1/2 a brain that couldn't spend their points. Online it is easiest so you can choose how to spend them yourself. If you aren't that savvy, you will spend a lot of time on the phone (hold) with someone who may or may not know what they are talking about. I suggest people who aren't online savvy do not buy in, but what are you doing on here?????

Lee S.
May 09, 2007

lee144 wrote:
ianf18 wrote:
lee144 wrote:
Hi.

Ya know, I was thinking about changing one of my weeks to points thru Global Access. The communication was terrible and thet don't know if they are on foot or horseback. Anyway, yesterday we were told that us old owners are grandfathered into the old sysytem in which , as a weeks and points owners of time shares thru RCI, I can still deposit a week with RCI and then change the week to RCI points. In my case, no need for Global Access. In any case they are pretty bad off. I called and said I was interested in Global Access and it took the 4 weeks to call back amd 3 weeks to send me the paper work. I am thankful that I have not done anything

My husband and I just returned from Orange Lake. We bought a week 20 years ago and have not visited OL in 7 years. At the check in they said they are switching to points and that we should go to the meeting to learn more. We agreed to the 15 minute presentation instead of the hour one on one. After the 15 minutes, every couple in the room was charged by a salesperson that was hiding behind closed doors. Anyway, we were told that our 2 BR is actually worthless, that they were GLOBAL ACCESS and not part of any other points system. And that if we ever planned to vacation in OL again we would be luck if our 127,000 "point" could get us in. Bottom line, re invest to get us at least to 300,000 Global Points for a mere $12,000. He was rude, and would not answer any "normal" questions. We walked out and and reported him to member services. So.please explain your "grandfathered in" scenerio to me. Has anyone else had this problem?

Sharon C.
May 09, 2007

I own three weeks of 3bedroom units. weeks 13, 14 and 16. We normally do not use the week 16. Since I also have a points week at the Marcus Vacation Cl;ub. I am a member of RCI for both points and weeks. I was told that Orange Lake was going to points, with Global access, so I checked it out to see if there was a benefit. In the past I would deposit my week with RCI, and then convert the deposit week to points with RCI. I was told that with Orange Lake going to points that I could no longer do that. (convert a deposited week to points.) This made me look in to Global Access. Anyway I was told that I could convert my weeks into Global Access points for $1295.00 per week. For this I would get 222,000 Global Access points for each week or 111,000 RCI points. (they used to give me 76,000 RCI points for my deposited week). ANyway when we inquired about Global we found an honest and helpful person (at RCI) that said there were so many problems with the program that old owners like ourselves would be grandfathered and still will be allowed to deposit our week with RCI and then convert it to RCI points. (but you must have a points account)We tried it and it worked, so for my needs I see no reason to consider payong to Global Access. The communication with the people at Global has been awful, and you apparently ran into some liars. If you own a deeded week, it is yours and worth whatever you can sell it for or worth what you get out of using the week. There is no reason why you could not "get in" to use your week in your unit.

Lee S.
May 10, 2007

From what I understand Global Access is merely an (expensive) option for owners to join at Orange Lake, it is not mandatory. You can still bank your OLCC week with RCI and trade it as you have been doing for 20 years or you can use your week as you did this year.

I haven't heard that OLCC is going all points. As far as I know Global Access and RCI are not related ... the GAl points system would be in direct competition with RCI's points system.

I would just continue as you have been doing for your 20 years of ownership.

sharonc196 wrote:
My husband and I just returned from Orange Lake. We bought a week 20 years ago and have not visited OL in 7 years. At the check in they said they are switching to points and that we should go to the meeting to learn more. We agreed to the 15 minute presentation instead of the hour one on one. After the 15 minutes, every couple in the room was charged by a salesperson that was hiding behind closed doors. Anyway, we were told that our 2 BR is actually worthless, that they were GLOBAL ACCESS and not part of any other points system. And that if we ever planned to vacation in OL again we would be luck if our 127,000 "point" could get us in. Bottom line, re invest to get us at least to 300,000 Global Points for a mere $12,000. He was rude, and would not answer any "normal" questions. We walked out and and reported him to member services. So.please explain your "grandfathered in" scenerio to me. Has anyone else had this problem?

R P.
May 21, 2007

lee144 wrote:
The idea of the Points system sounded ideal, but the actual program is AWFUL. Promises are all you get, not access.

Ethel G.
May 25, 2007

My husband and I joined Global Acess last August. We were a little afraid of getting caught up in the hype so during the week that we werethere we went back and spoke to the representative thre e additional times. We were never able to get into any RCI Resorts that we applied to because we always had to travel in the summer months because of our children.Since we joined Global Acess. we have been to OLCC for a week in May, gotten a week at a beautiful resort in Las Vegas called the Cliffs at Peace Canyon, and scheduled a return visit to OLCC near Christmas so that we could go to Mickey's Very Merry Christmas.Global Acess works for me but you really have to carefully read the material so you can learn how to best use the system.I would say that if you are unsure about Global Access,don't join it. I'm sure it will still be available next year.

Maureen G.
Jul 02, 2007

I'd like to share my experience also about the Global Access.

I have been an owner as Orange Lake Florida since 2000. I own a 1 bedroom in splash lagoon village. (Forgot it its west or north village.)

Anyhow I had not visited in 4 years. I'm actually here as I type. Basically at checkin I was identified as an owner. They offered me $50 gift certificates for use in OL and amusement park tickets at wholesale to listen to a 1 hour presentation. I agreed.

At the presentation they told me the story about OL not joining the points system when RCI had offered it to them years ago. OL was waiting to see how the points system would turn out. And now they are going to create their own OL points system to link into RCI instead. Hence the Global blahblahblah. Then they said 65% of the resorts in RCI are in points already and my week at OL would have limited trade in value because of this.

In the end you would only have to speak to an OL representative and they would handle all the exchange details whether within an OL affiliated resort or with RCI.

Then they took me on a tour of the new built buildings. Near River Island. (The 7+ story buildings.)

THEN they told me that my one bedroom had only ~77,000 points and they recommended that I should use the equity I had in my current 1 bedroom and purchase a 2 bedroom instead to get more points to use for the system. I think they quoted me about $16,000 or so for the upgrade which included the use of the equity of my 1 bedroom.

Basically sounds like OL is trying to make money off existing weeks owners by scaring them into thinking that they have to convert to points and that whatever unit they have they must upgrade to a larger unit. Funny thing is I never got the chance to ask them how much it would cost just to join the Global without upgrading my unit. Basically after I said no to the $16,000 upgrade, the OL rep said thank you and walked away and sent another guy in to give me the gift information.

Le Y.
Jul 02, 2007

sharonc196 wrote:

Yup they gave me similar story about my 1 bedroom with ~77,000 points was not good. But a 2 bedroom with ~155,000 would be a great deal. LOL

INCREDIBLE

Le Y.

Last edited by ley2 on Jul 02, 2007 10:22 AM

Jul 02, 2007

lee144 wrote:

I exchanged my week for points and am extremely unhappy. I spend hours on the phone, am transferred from agent to agent, only to find out that I can't get a response. This was a big mistake. Global Access should return the money and let us go back to RCI weeks.

Ethel G.
Jul 02, 2007

jayjay wrote:
From what I understand Global Access is merely an (expensive) option for owners to join at Orange Lake, it is not mandatory. You can still bank your OLCC week with RCI and trade it as you have been doing for 20 years or you can use your week as you did this year.

I haven't heard that OLCC is going all points. As far as I know Global Access and RCI are not related ... the GAl points system would be in direct competition with RCI's points system.

I would just continue as you have been doing for your 20 years of ownership.

sharonc196 wrote:

I, too have owned Orange Lake for many years. Unfortunately, I made the switch. It is AWFUL. Service is non existent and the people are liars.

Ethel G.
Jul 17, 2007

My wife and a good friend of ours are at OLCC now. We've owned for 20 years. They too were told at check-in about the new system and that they needed to attend a NO-pressure presentation to learn about it. They were told that it would take no more than an hour and would be handled by one of their most professional representatives. WRONG! He told them that everyone at OLCC would have to go to the new system. We would have no choice eventually and the whole speel was to buy an additional week or trade up by paying an exhorbantent higher price. He was very high pressure , evasive to their questions, and at times obnoxious. Finally, after 1 and 1/2 hours later, they told him emphatically "NO!". We have a 2-bedroom villa, which we love, and our friend owns a 2-bedroom in the Tennis Villas. Great spot which she loves. We had great times over the past 20 yrs. at OLCC and exchanging. We always had the highest respect for OLCC. Our son and various friends and relatives have bought there over the past 20 years from our recommendations. It's hard to believe that current management has decided to stoop to such low measures in dealing with their owners.

Concerned from Ohio!

Franklyn W.

Last edited by franklyn1 on Jul 17, 2007 07:54 PM

Aug 11, 2007

I converted my 2br golf villa last year when I bit the bullet and bought a 3br lock out at River Island last Dec. I was VERY sceptical at first and WAY disapointed with the system. I've had the dreaded buyers remorse for months. However, I'm hoping that I'm seeing a light at the end of the tunnel. I was just able to take advantage of a "point discount" they are running and was able to get a 3BR at River Island Fri to Fri in Nov. for the 160K banked points I had from my 2BR (that were about to expire). Not a bad deal. I was also able to grab a few long weekends (2 nights)in a 2br at the ski resort in NH for 80K points each, again not a bad deal since I live in CT and can drive there. I'm really hoping they are starting to get there act together and show some value to the Global owners. This seems like an improvement. I hope they keep adding resorts to Global, it was nice avoiding RCI completely.

Garret C.

Last edited by garretc4 on Aug 12, 2007 08:16 AM

Aug 12, 2007

I spoke to a Global Access representative yesterday. I have been reading about what a group of incompetent people are manning the phone lines. I have had nothing but positive experiences dealing with the global access people, but I decided to call again to see if I would be connected to a surly incompetent person. The girl I spoke with could not answer one of the questions I asked, so I was switched over to a supervisor who answered my question. I had another question about the Hertz Gold Card membership which she promised to investigate and call me on Monday with thwe answer. I believe that Orange Lake is working very hard to correct the many complaints received from owners.

Maureen G.
Sep 04, 2007

sharonc196 wrote:
lee144 wrote:
ianf18 wrote:
lee144 wrote:
Hi.

Mark F.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.