Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

Renting A Timeshare To Someone From Another Country

Feb 20, 2007

Has anyone rented a timeshare to someone from a foreign country - in this case Norway? How do you handle the money exchange rate, etc? Any comments or advice would be greatly appreciated. Sharon

Sharon I.
Feb 20, 2007

Sharon - you can email me directly and I will give you information about my experiences. Regards, Debi

Debi Z.

Last edited by debi_zyx on Feb 20, 2007 02:08 PM

Feb 21, 2007

Sharon - you can email me directly and I will give you information about my experiences. Regards, Debi

Debi, You can email me at sharivers@yahoo.com - I would appreciate any info you could provide. Thanks

Sharon I.
Feb 22, 2007

Debi, What is your email address? Thanks. Sharon

Sharon I.
Feb 23, 2007

I've had a couple of very strange potential renters from Africa. One wanted to have someone in the US who owed her money send it to me. I was to subtract my rental payment and send the balance to her travel agent. No amount had been agreed on. No specific location other than Florida. I suggested she just have the travel agent handle the whole thing and heard no more. Is this a scam? Don't see how she would profit but it was all very odd.

Another person wanted to rent an apartment and asked me to tell her the cost for a year. She didn't indicate WHERE through, presumably, she was from Seattle before going to South Africa. Has anyone else encountered requests like there?

Mary D.
Feb 24, 2007

adahiscout wrote:
I've had a couple of very strange potential renters from Africa. One wanted to have someone in the US who owed her money send it to me. I was to subtract my rental payment and send the balance to her travel agent. No amount had been agreed on. No specific location other than Florida. I suggested she just have the travel agent handle the whole thing and heard no more. Is this a scam? Don't see how she would profit but it was all very odd.

Another person wanted to rent an apartment and asked me to tell her the cost for a year. She didn't indicate WHERE through, presumably, she was from Seattle before going to South Africa. Has anyone else encountered requests like there?

Hi Mary

These possibly could be scams. If these requests were through the RedWeek.com website please email http://www.redweek.com/contact_usand let us know their names so that we can check into this.

There is a good page on our website about scams that will be helpful to you. http://www.redweek.com/help/scams/419-overpayment-scam

Thanks, Marty

Marty F

Last edited by marty8084 on Feb 24, 2007 12:53 AM

Feb 24, 2007

This is the reknowned Nigerian scam. Don't ever send money that a renter or buyer requests to be part of the transaction. You'll never see that money again.

adahiscout wrote:

R P.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.