Marriott's Aruba Ocean Club

Have not stayed at this Property

Feb 23, 2007

I have 3 children and am looking to spend a great deal of money between the 1 week rental and airline tickets. I am wondering if this property is worth the money. I am an owner at Marriott's Ocean Point, West Palm, FLA and we love it there. Just looking for a change . Looking forward to hearing from you. Michelle

Michelle M.
Feb 23, 2007

Yes I have stayed for over 9 years. It is wonderful. I also own at Ocean Pointe in Forida a 3 bedroom Ocean Front. You will enjoy Aruba because the weather is great. What time of year are you going? Enjoy Maryellen

Maryellen A.

Last edited by marty8084 on Feb 23, 2007 12:18 PM

Feb 25, 2007

Am owner and believe you will enjoy the property,the Aruba sunshine beaches and the locals.

Mark R.
Mar 03, 2007

Worth every penny! You and the kids will love it

Tracy M.
Mar 08, 2007

I am a owner in both w palm and Aruba you will love the same idea of pool and beach being close. The great thing about Aruba is you have the hotel next to the timeshare and you can use all the great amenities spa, gym, pool, room service and wonderful restaurants. I'm going back soon. enjoy.

Stephen L.
Apr 07, 2007

We have been taking our son to Aruba since he was 3 (now 10). The only caveat I have is that if your children are prone to illness, Aruba has socialized medicine. I hear that seeing a doctor, unless it is a life threatening emergency can be an unpleasant experience.

The first time we took our son, he ran down to the beach and picked up a handfull of sand, in excitement, he threw it into the air. The Wind blew it right back into his eyes. Luckily, the "footwash" at the beach was able to cure the problem, but I was panicked that we were going to have to hit the emergency room.

On a last note, there are lots of lizards and iguanas that run around the pools in Aruba. If you are a super clean freak, this my annoy you (watch out for red toenail polish, the iguana's confuse toes for maraschino cherries which they love!).

Overall, I would rate Aruba highly for young kids. There are PLENTY of families at this resort which includes a kiddie wading pool.

Howard H.
May 02, 2007

We have been taking our kids to this property for 7 seven years. My son is now 7 and daughter 10, they love it. They start counting down the days to next year, when we are the plane flying home.

Robert L.

Last edited by marty8084 on May 03, 2007 01:08 AM

May 08, 2007

To all, Questions : DVD or VCR? Free internet in room? We have booked 1 bedroom Villa. Have a 7 year old that must take his "best movie" A 12 year old wanting to email friends. Thanks!

S. L.
Jun 05, 2007

sl44 wrote:
To all, Questions : DVD or VCR? Free internet in room? We have booked 1 bedroom Villa. Have a 7 year old that must take his "best movie" A 12 year old wanting to email friends. Thanks!
There are DVD Players in the rooms at both Ocean and Surf Club. I don't believe there are VHS players anymore.

Last time I was at the Ocean Club (last Summer) it had free Internet, but you had to re-subscribe every few days. Bring you own laptop.

There are also funky internet kiosks in the lobbies. There is a cheaper and better Internet Cafe at Moomba Beach Restaurant between Marriott and Holiday Inn on the beach. There are also lots of internet cafe's in town and near the Palm Beach restaurant area.

Howard H.
Jun 05, 2007

There are DVD Players in the rooms at both Ocean and Surf Club. I don't believe there are VHS players anymore.

Last time I was at the Ocean Club (last Summer) it had free Internet, but you had to re-subscribe every few days. Bring you own laptop.

There are also funky internet kiosks in the lobbies. There is a cheaper and better Internet Cafe at Moomba Beach Restaurant between Marriott and Holiday Inn on the beach. There are also lots of internet cafe's in town and near the Palm Beach restaurant area.

Howard H.
Jun 06, 2007

howardh37, I'm taking my laptop. Thanks for the tip to re-subscribe every few days.

different topic: In April when planning this trip, I tried to use my flyer miles to save $$. I found US Airway's had double the required miles from 30,000 to 60,000 for most dates. And my travel dates were not even available! It seems the Dividened Miles program is a waste of time.

S. L.
Jun 07, 2007

I have found that the airlines are aware that there is a very large number of timeshare units on the island, all with a Fri, Sat, or Sun check-in and they price the airfare much higher for these arrival and departure dates. I was able to get First Class from the west coast for $1,100 by flying in on Monday and leaving on a Thursday (I usually go to Aruba for multiple weeks). The same flights on a Fri/Sat/Sun were more than double!

I've also found that most freebie tickets are now double the number of miles to get "fly anytime" tickets. I suppose that is due to the high cost of fuel right now. My guess...No airline wants to be the one who raises the number of miles for a free ticket, so I guess instead they can limit the number of seats without being vulnerable to counter advertising.

Howard H.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.