The Summit at Massanutten

location of Summit vs Summit Hillside?

Mar 01, 2007

Wondering if any owners of the Summit would be able to tell me the difference in the new summits and the older units. Location? Have the older units (Litten rd.) been upgraded at all?

Cynthia H.
Mar 01, 2007

I have always found the Summit units off of Litten Lane to be similar to the Hillside units in accommodations. All Summit Hillside condos are located over near the Mountainside Villas & E. Trace units off of Middlecoff Rd.

I own 5 Massanutten deeds (Eagle Trace, Woodstone and Summit) plus a year-round vacation home near the ski slopes -- so I know the resort very well. Feel free to ask any questions.

Janet S.
Apr 24, 2007

[We are planning to take our family & vacate next June at Massanutten. We bought at as Summit this past year & was told by one person that they stayed at Woodstone instead of Summit because they were larger units. We will be taking 6 grand-children to go in different directions I'm sure. We plan to occupy both 2-br units in the condo.

Since you seem familiar to the area could you advise on the location if available? Any other tips that we should know?

We also own at Myrtle Beach & after a # of years we pretty well know the ins & outs of reservations.

Thanks

Bruce D.
Apr 24, 2007

Keep in mind that if you own a Summit timeshare you may only reserve in the Summit condos. Honestly, there really not much difference between the Summit & Woodstone (luxury) condos - both are approx. 1,200 sq.ft. The Woodstone deluxe condos are slightly bigger - but again, you cannot reserve a Woodstone unit unless you specifically own a Woodstone timeshare.

Location in the Summit condos depend on what you prefer in activity. If you want to be within a short walk (5 minutes) to the Mountain Peak Pool, Conference Center, go-cart track, mini-golf & skate park - then you may want to consider staying in the "Peak Drive" Summit condos (units#78-105). If you want to overlook the ski slopes then you could reserve in the Grenoble Woods Summit condos (unit# 106-190). Personally, I do not care for the location OR the amount of stairs in the Innsbruck/Sunrise Summit condos (unit#191-245).

Other tips - if you plan to go to the Waterpark often during your stay it would probably be wise ($$) to purchase the resort activity cards for each child ($59/child). The card offers significant savings off of the water park admission, mini-golf, skate park and kids camps. For the adults, weigh out your activities prior to buying the $99 activity card - typically it pays off if you golf & go to the waterpark often (but parents/grandparents only pay a $10 observation fee for entry - unless you want full use of the facility).

As an owner, the sales staff will try to rope you into the "owners" breakfast - $100 Massanutten Money in exchange for your attendance. Yes, it's a sales pitch - trying to get you to either upgrade OR buy another BUT if your quick to the chase and tell them that you purchased your deed on resale @ wholesale pricing they'll leave you alone fairly quick - give you your Massanutten Money - and you'll be on your way within the 90 minutes that they quote.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Janet S.
Apr 25, 2007

schultzie6 wrote:
Keep in mind that if you own a Summit timeshare you may only reserve in the Summit condos. Honestly, there really not much difference between the Summit & Woodstone (luxury) condos - both are approx. 1,200 sq.ft. The Woodstone deluxe condos are slightly bigger - but again, you cannot reserve a Woodstone unit unless you specifically own a Woodstone timeshare.

Location in the Summit condos depend on what you prefer in activity. If you want to be within a short walk (5 minutes) to the Mountain Peak Pool, Conference Center, go-cart track, mini-golf & skate park - then you may want to consider staying in the "Peak Drive" Summit condos (units#78-105). If you want to overlook the ski slopes then you could reserve in the Grenoble Woods Summit condos (unit# 106-190). Personally, I do not care for the location OR the amount of stairs in the Innsbruck/Sunrise Summit condos (unit#191-245).

Other tips - if you plan to go to the Waterpark often during your stay it would probably be wise ($$) to purchase the resort activity cards for each child ($59/child). The card offers significant savings off of the water park admission, mini-golf, skate park and kids camps. For the adults, weigh out your activities prior to buying the $99 activity card - typically it pays off if you golf & go to the waterpark often (but parents/grandparents only pay a $10 observation fee for entry - unless you want full use of the facility).

As an owner, the sales staff will try to rope you into the "owners" breakfast - $100 Massanutten Money in exchange for your attendance. Yes, it's a sales pitch - trying to get you to either upgrade OR buy another BUT if your quick to the chase and tell them that you purchased your deed on resale @ wholesale pricing they'll leave you alone fairly quick - give you your Massanutten Money - and you'll be on your way within the 90 minutes that they quote.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thank you so much for all the info. It is very helpful!

Bruce D.
Sep 14, 2007

Hello, I wonder if anybody knows if it is possible to rent a condo by days (2 or 3) not the whole week. We vacationed already at Woodstones and Summit before, but would like to return for a couple of days only for the Green Valley Bookfair. (We could take a Friday through Sunday/Monday).

If that is possible, then we have to upgrade our Redweek account to access information? Also, we do not want to stay at the Hotel, enough of being chased for their sales presentation.

Thanks in advance

Lawrence M.
Sep 14, 2007

mariam164 wrote:
Hello, I wonder if anybody knows if it is possible to rent a condo by days (2 or 3) not the whole week. We vacationed already at Woodstones and Summit before, but would like to return for a couple of days only for the Green Valley Bookfair. (We could take a Friday through Sunday/Monday).

If that is possible, then we have to upgrade our Redweek account to access information? Also, we do not want to stay at the Hotel, enough of being chased for their sales presentation.

Thanks in advance

Hi Miriam,

Most timeshares rent for 7 nights but occasionally you will see one for rent for a shorter period of time. You can upgrade your membership and email the available rentals and if nothing can be worked out our policy is to refund your membership fee.

Thanks, Marty

Marty F
Sep 15, 2007

mariam164 wrote:

Thanks in advance

I own 4 timeshares @ Massanutten, I also own a private, year-round home @ Massanutten (next to the the snow-tubing). You can rent a Massanutten condo directly from the resort - go to their website www.massresort.com & look up 'rentals'. You can also find weekend rentals in private Massanutten vacation homes.

Janet S.
Apr 02, 2009

We are usually at the Summit on Peak drive. last year when we went to reserve the unit for this year, someone told my mom (Joan Park) that she could not reserve yet (or at that time? she could have missunderstood) so we find ourselves at The Summit at Grenoble Woods. I went to the site to see what these units look like but can not find anything on these particular units. What are these units like? Are they anything like The Summit units on Peak drive?

Mary B.
Jun 03, 2009

I am not familiar with this location.Is it near DC or Alexandria Va. I am looking for 2 bedroom close to Washington.thanks.

Jerry O.
Jun 03, 2009

joconsecur wrote:
I am not familiar with this location.Is it near DC or Alexandria Va. I am looking for 2 bedroom close to Washington.thanks.

The closest timeshare that I know of to Washington DC is Wyndham Old Town Alexandria, http://www.redweek.com/resort/P527-wyndham-old-town-alexandria

Hope that helps.

Marty

Marty F

Last edited by marty8084 on Jun 03, 2009 01:52 PM

Jul 07, 2009

We are staying at Summit L127 in Oct. Is this Grenoble Woods?

Tonya H.
Jul 07, 2009

Unit 127 is off of Litten Lane, one road up from Kidd Court (techincally Grenoble Woods). GREAT location for easy, winter ski-on/ski-off. If you want a unit that is closer to the conference center/mini-golf/go-cart track then ask for units below '100'.

Janet S.
Jul 08, 2009

Thanks so much for info. I booked the Summit through RCI and it shows that it is rated GC. The pictures from the Massanutten website look great but they are showing 4 bedrooms. Some of the pictures posted from individuals for units for resale don't look that great. Do you know if these have been remodeled and are worthy of the GC? Will the fireplaces be turned on by mid Oct?

Thanks again for your help

Tonya H.
Jul 08, 2009

All Summit condos that I've seen have been worthy of Gold Crown (we also own a year-round vacation home next the the snow tubing park, so our friends and family often stay in the Summit condos). The fireplaces are gas, defintiely in use during the fall months.

Janet S.
Sep 28, 2009

What's the best way to buy a timeshare at Massanutten? You mentioned resale @ wholesale pricing....

We stayed in the Woodstone section last year and absolutely loved the location and condo. Next week we'll be trying out the Summit-Grenoble Woods. What is the best accommodations at Massanutten, in your opinion.

Jj P.
Sep 28, 2009

In my opinion, either the 4 bedroom lock-outs at Woodstone or Summit sections are the best at Massanutten. Browse RedWeek.com for low prices - this is where I list my Massnutten timeshare resales (I'll be listing a Spring Woodstone unit soon).

Janet S.
Sep 29, 2009

cynthia954 wrote:
Wondering if any owners of the Summit would be able to tell me the difference in the new summits and the older units. Location? Have the older units (Litten rd.) been upgraded at all?
I have always stayed at the Summit on Peak Drive, until this past year when we stayed at The Summit-Grenoble Woods. My mother says that she has stayed at The there once (on Litten Lane) and was not happy, that it was 'not as nice'. However I found it to be almost exactly like the Summit on Peak...and I rather enjoyed it. So maybe that is an indication that 'upgrades' have been made? I didn't see it before so I dont' know, but I think that maybe it is. Look at it as an experience and enjoy, they are a lot like the Summit.

Mary B.
Sep 29, 2009

dearmond1 [We are planning to take our family & vacate next June at Massanutten. We bought at as Summit this past year & was told by one person that they stayed at Woodstone instead of Summit because they were larger units. We will be taking 6 grand-children to go in different directions I'm sure. We plan to occupy both 2-br units in the condo.

Since you seem familiar to the area could you advise on the location if available? Any other tips that we should know?

We also own at Myrtle Beach & after a # of years we pretty well know the ins & outs of reservations.

Thanks[/Q]

I have stayed at 2 of the Summit condos. There is a master bedroom with a queen/full bed...and a nice Chaise lounge that a small child might be able to sleep on...although...LOL, idk! Then there is the other room that has two twin....very small twins. You could not sqweeze two in unless they were very small....3 years old, maybe? Then then there is the couch. Each unit sleeps 6, so if your using both, you could accomodate 12 easily and if you will need more...then bring sleeping bags and let more kids camp out in the adult's room or....any were really...there are several good places in the unit. If you go to the web site, you can see the layout of the units.

Mary B.
Oct 20, 2010

HI, I am looking into purchasing Woodstone and Summitt Sunrise. IS there a big difference in the Woodstone deluxe and luxury units. I just purchased a summitt float 4 br unit and happened to see the summitt sunrise and love the view. With the current economy my thought was that now is the time to buy . This would be for myself and siblings. So it would get the use. Is there really plans for some type of shopping area soon? I would love to ask more questions about how to go about purchasing as the person I usually get help with is on vacation. Please email me if you have time.

Marilyn S.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.