Timeshare Companies

Timeshare upgrade fee

Mar 06, 2007

I got a bill for $250. for a remodel to Cabo San Lucas Melia Beach and Tennis club, and still have not paid it. so far. Do you think this is in my contract to pay for them installing beds on the beach and around the pool? The rooms were not upgraded, just the pool furniture and lobby. I have not traded it yet, so wonder if I will not be able to until I pay it.

Sue H.
Mar 07, 2007

This is what is termed a 'special assessment' that many resorts charge for features to improve the resort. As an owner you are expected to pay this assessment along with your yearly maintenance fee. I would doubt you could exchange your week until the special assessment is paid.

sueh109 wrote:
I got a bill for $250. for a remodel to Cabo San Lucas Melia Beach and Tennis club, and still have not paid it. so far. Do you think this is in my contract to pay for them installing beds on the beach and around the pool? The rooms were not upgraded, just the pool furniture and lobby. I have not traded it yet, so wonder if I will not be able to until I pay it.

R P.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.