Grandview at Las Vegas

Points and bonus weeks

Mar 13, 2007

I was at the timeshare sales presentation the other day and it was reported that on resales Grandview will not allow the transfer of the RCI points and the bonus weeks. Can anybody else confirm that and what do you think of that? Obviously, if true, it would substantially reduce the resale value of the timeshare units.

Michael R.
Apr 14, 2007

michaelr286 wrote:
I was at the timeshare sales presentation the other day and it was reported that on resales Grandview will not allow the transfer of the RCI points and the bonus weeks. Can anybody else confirm that and what do you think of that? Obviously, if true, it would substantially reduce the resale value of the timeshare units.

Michael,

The information you received was mostly correct. The extra weeks you received when purchasing are not transferrable to the new owner if you resell your ownership. As for points, that depends on whether the week is already converted or not. There are no points conversions available on resale weeks, period. If the week has already been converted, then the new owner would have that option.

Hope that helps.

Kirk T.
Apr 24, 2007

I was reading some of the reviews and noticed that someone stated that on resales Grandview will not allow the transfer of RCI points and the bonus weeks. Boy, that would have been nice to know when they were hard at work convincing us to buy a timeshare. I'm new to timesharing and after several weeks I noticed that I have the 31st week. I didn't have any choice I guess or did I. I havent received any documents yet and am waiting for them so I can get started.

Danny D.
May 08, 2007

kirktaylor wrote:
there are no points conversions available on resale weeks, period. If the week has already been converted, then the new owner would have that option.

Hi Kirk,

I am considering buying a fixed deeded week (resale) at this resort and contacted the resort to inquire if I could convert the fixed week to points once I owned the deeded week. The response I was given was that I could do that if I was willing to pay the $2,995 conversion fee.

Are you saying that based on your information that I may be incorrect??

Robert M.

Last edited by robertm604 on May 08, 2007 12:33 PM

Apr 13, 2009

i woould like to know if is possible to rent to other people this weekend in vegas checkin on saturday and check out monday. for how much i could ask?

Alma M.
Dec 08, 2023

We own week 15 at Grandview. If we want to go to Vegas on week 15, do we use our points? So out of the loop on this. Thanks!

Tammy S.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.