Point Systems

RCI points transferable on resale?

Mar 13, 2007

In the presentation of a Grandview at Las Vegas timeshare a very big deal was made about the RCI points. For instance, one 2 bdrm unit qualified for 122,000 RCI points AND they were giving 4 bonus weeks with RCI with a Grandview purchase. My question is are these transferable (resale) if I buy this? Obviously this makes a big impact on the resale value.

Michael R.
Mar 14, 2007

michaelr286 wrote:
In the presentation of a Grandview at Las Vegas timeshare a very big deal was made about the RCI points. For instance, one 2 bdrm unit qualified for 122,000 RCI points AND they were giving 4 bonus weeks with RCI with a Grandview purchase. My question is are these transferable (resale) if I buy this? Obviously this makes a big impact on the resale value.
Based on my experience with II, bonus weeks may not be transferrable. Points should be transferralbe, unless some of them are "bonus" points, given by the developer. Is the 122,000 points for each year?

Mike N.
Mar 30, 2007

POINTS ARE NOT TRANSFERABLE WITH ANY VACATION VILLAGE PROPERTY ON THE RESALE. THE WEEK THAT THE PROPERTY IS WILL REVERT BACK TO WEEKS!!!!! PLEASE NOTE THIS BUYING A POINTS PROPERTY WITH VACATION VILLAGE WILL REVERT BACK TO ITS ORIGInAL WEEKS FORM AND YOU WILL HAVE TO PAY THE DEVELOPER TO COVERT THE RESORT TO POINTS FOR YOU THE CURRENT OWNER. I ONLY KNOW THIS DUE TO HAVING BOUGHT A RESALE WITH BACK MAIN AND TAXES AND BEING TOLD IT WAS POINTS AND HAVING TO PAY AN ADDITIONAL 5000 TO CONVERT IT TO POINTS WHAT A MESS! I KNOW THIS IS TRUE OF VACATION VILLAGE THEY ARE THE RCI POWERHOUSE! BUYER BEWARE IN THAT CASE!

Mike S.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.