Timeshare Companies

Cypress Pointe Resort Florida

Mar 24, 2007

does anyone have experience with Cypress Pointe Resort, phase I, not the new grand villas? Their prices seem unbelievably low for a three bedroom lockout. It is an RCI gold crown resort and has just been renovated. Is there something I'm missing. New to this as you can tell.

Stuart M.
Mar 28, 2007

Yes, I do.

I own a CPR phase I 3 BR, which I bought because I saw all of the upgrades that were being done there and wanted a 3 BR unit to use every year or two. It is a RCI Gold Crown and trades well with SFX as well. The maintenance fees with taxes are not bad for a 3 BR at $762. Back a few years ago the company that mismanaged them had let the resort go downhill, but if you go to their website you can see the improvements, their financials and minutes of their board meetings.

Now I will say that CPR is not the MGV or SVO's Vistana Villages, both of which I love, but it is a really solid, nice, clean, family-oriented place just a mile outside of the WDW gates that you can buy for low money (not the $12-19K resale for the other 2 3 BR properties) and you can't beat that.

Robin S.
Apr 08, 2007

We owned a 3BR here for 5 years, having bought it from a sales pitch at $ 13K. WE sold it for $ 5K! It was a nice resort, and we traded to many island locations.

I would never again buy from the resort again. The secondary market is the way to go.

Shyam J.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.