Tahiti Village

OK but NOT 5 stars

Mar 25, 2007

Just got back from a week at Tahiti Village. Traded a week of 2 bedroom at Marriott Desert Springs Villas II (Palm Desert, CA) for a lockout at T.V.! Accomodations OK, only a microwave and small fridge without freezer. NO in room wireless or wired internet. The place is crawling with salespeople and to get outside you have to "run the gauntlet"! Certainly a 3 1/2 Star resort AT BEST! Marriott is building a timeshare one block off the strip across from the new City Center (Marriott Grand Chalet). I toured that and was impressed. Several orders of magnatide nicer and, hard as it is for me to believe, a two bedroom timeshare there is selling for half of what T.V. is selling theirs for. I should also mention that T.V. is also very noisy as it is right by the airport!

Joel J.
Apr 10, 2007

Why would you trade down to a lockout unit vs the full one bedroom (550 sq ft vs 990 sq ft), (full kitchen vs kitchenett)?

Is the Marriott a real property deeded ownership? I didn't think that hotel chains were willing to sell their property.

I will bring up the idea of wireless internet availability at our next homeowners association meeting.

I haven't found the planes to be a problem in the units I have stayed in for the past two visits, and only noticed them once or twice while in the pool area. What building were you staying in?

R; Jim

James S.
Apr 10, 2007

jamess420 wrote:
Why would you trade down to a lockout unit vs the full one bedroom (550 sq ft vs 990 sq ft), (full kitchen vs kitchenett)?

Is the Marriott a real property deeded ownership? I didn't think that hotel chains were willing to sell their property.

I will bring up the idea of wireless internet availability at our next homeowners association meeting.

I haven't found the planes to be a problem in the units I have stayed in for the past two visits, and only noticed them once or twice while in the pool area. What building were you staying in?

R; Jim

Dear Jim, In anwer to your question, location, location, location. We wanted to go to vegas an use one of our banked timeshare weeks. The lockout is the best we could get. We actually traded a 2 bedroom desert springs villas 2 (Palm Desert, CA) for the lockout at TV.

Yes, Marriot Vacation club is a HUGE timeshare company and yes it is real property deeded ownership. Take a look at the Marriott Vacation Club website or go over to the Grand Chalet for a tour. I think that you will very impressed.

Joel J.
Apr 19, 2007

I think your experience would have been completely different if you had the two bedroom unit. I also own Marriott in the desert & in Hawaii and believe these units to be superior. I recently stayed in a Desert Spring's lockout and they aren't anything to write home about. At least the Tahiti Village lockoff has a nice sitting area and two TVs.

For a family I think this location (off the strip) with it's large pool area is better suited than the new Marriott.

Julie V.
May 10, 2007

anewcastle4u wrote:
I think your experience would have been completely different if you had the two bedroom unit. I also own Marriott in the desert & in Hawaii and believe these units to be superior. I recently stayed in a Desert Spring's lockout and they aren't anything to write home about. At least the Tahiti Village lockoff has a nice sitting area and two TVs.

For a family I think this location (off the strip) with it's large pool area is better suited than the new Marriott.

I own the 2BR lockout and cannot seem to find time to get out there to see it. Is it nice? I need to send someone out to check it out for me.

R. L.
Jun 08, 2007

We toured TV and were given the big sales pitch. We were shown the unit which was nice. But if you want to go to the strip, it is certainly not close to any of the major attractions. Location is not good unless you want just a pool vacation. Very overpriced!!.

Susan F.
Jul 28, 2007

We've stayed twice and loved it! there are salesppl around but they are only interested in their 'guests' - I don't get the "gauntlet" comment. Why would aslesperson bother with a non-potential customer? We loved the two bedroom (we started with a lockout unit, thinking we could rent the larger when wanted, but that depends on availability and was not as easy as I thought. When I looked at the larger unit, I was hooked! SOOO much bigger!) As for pricing - BUY ON REDWEEK! don't pay 'full price' at the timeshare, the 'extra benefits' they tell you about are available to all, for much less than the extra amount you pay to buy from them! (I mean membership in II and extra weeks)

Karen
Oct 24, 2008

I own at T.V. and other than the first year that they opened, when the pool wasn't complete, I have not had anything but good service. However, I do agree that they should provide internet service for free, as the initial layout for the place, plus the management fees have been so high, I can't understand why they charge extra for that. I also own at Shadow Ridge in Palm Desert and have stayed at Villas II. As far as accomodations are concerned, Villas II surpasses them all. We would have bought there, had there been any openings at the time we purchased SR.

Aldine M.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.