Marriott's Desert Springs Villas

not able to get your week

Mar 28, 2007

we called when we were supposed to call foerour usage for next year. we called as soon as Marriott opened, I got through in ten minutes and was told that my unit is not available. This cannot be I think they open the rooms to multiple week owners first. This is not fair and creates an uneven playing field.

What can be done, Owners cannot be turned down for usage

Ron S.
Apr 01, 2007

It's true that multiple week owners have a leg up on getting their reservations 13 months in advance but my experience that it's only for a portion of the inventory. Even when you call for an early reservation you can be told that it's sold out until they open up the rest of the rooms at the 12 month mark.

I too have had the experience of an unseemingly fast sell out, only to find out it was a computer glitch. I'll know later this week as I make my call how the systems going to work for me this year.

As for what can be done, I would notify customer relations as to your experience.

Julie V.
Apr 19, 2007

I missed getting my first choice due to the call in day having been change as a result of the leap year. I ended up being a day late. Notification was sent out but I didn't realize that it would have impacted me.

Julie V.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.