Apr 02, 2007

I am looking at buying a gold season week. Does anyone know or have experience trading it in for a week somewhere else? Is it hard to trade? Or do you have several different options of places to go? How is the trading power?

Beau K.
Aug 15, 2007

beauk wrote:
I am looking at buying a gold season week. Does anyone know or have experience trading it in for a week somewhere else? Is it hard to trade? Or do you have several different options of places to go? How is the trading power?

This may not be very timely, but trading power is generally very good. We have traded one of our weeks several times for stays in Sonoma, CA and Palm Beach Shores, FL and have had very good luck. Marriott and Interval Int. do a good job at making the transactions reasonably smooth, once you understand the process. My wife and I own 3 Marriott time shares, 2 at Shadow Ridge and are now finding that is one too many for our current needs. So, we have decided to sell or rent one of our Shadow Ridge weeks.

Harry S.
Sep 17, 2007

This gold is shoulder season but if you book a good week every year you should have very strong trading power. I would book Thanksgiving week or some other week in November as that is the beginning of high season. It's really important to learn the system to maximize your week. Check out the Interval International representative at Desert Springs Marriott sometime. She is very knowledgable and helpful. Good luck!

Janna N.
Apr 14, 2008

beauk wrote:
I am also looking at buying a gold week. Are there any differences in the benefits to owners who have bought from Marriott versus other resales?

Wendy W.
Jun 12, 2008

wendy142 wrote:
beauk wrote:
I am also looking at buying a gold week. Are there any differences in the benefits to owners who have bought from Marriott versus other resales?
You give up the right to turn your week in for points if you don't buy from Marriott. Otherwise there is no difference in benefits.

Denny C.
Aug 08, 2013

Can someone tell me how well the Platinum Shadow Ridge weeks trade? Wondering if I should pick one up to use for ski resorts, etc, out west. In the past I had Gold Shadow Ridge and it traded pretty well through II for places like 2 BR in St. Thomas Marriott (Dec) and 2BR at Lakeshore Reserve in FL in November.

Thanks.

Joseph B.
Jan 16, 2023

I just traded my Shadow Ridge Gold week with Marriott's Orlando Lakeshore Reserve using Interval. You have to first reserve your Shadow Ridge week then deposit it into Interval. They will issue a Exchange Certificate. Cick on it and input your desired vacation spot to get a list of tradable places.

Anthony R.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.