Carriage Hills Resort

Cdn owners help each other sell our properties

Apr 16, 2007

Most of the timeshares talked about are in the USA. As Canadians I think we have a disadvantage. If one of us should sell our property, would it be possible to use this forum to let the the others know what took place, what difficulties we came across, what we need to know to effectively/correctly sell the property. I am not even sure if we can donate our property to some company. I agree with juliem178, You would think that CHR Management would be eager to get the property back to make more monies.

Pat C.
Apr 26, 2007

I would be very interested to hear from our CDN owners as we have two properties that I would like to sell. How do we get some exposure for the discussion? Regards, KDFLY

Kevin D.
Apr 30, 2007

kevind97 wrote:
I would be very interested to hear from our CDN owners as we have two properties that I would like to sell. How do we get some exposure for the discussion? Regards, KDFLY
I have been watching this area, and no one has responded. I really think we need to get some CDNS to let us what have they tried to sell their property and what kind of things have they done. What properties they have and so forth.

I have you heard anything from anyone? What have you tried.

Pat C.

Last edited by patc131 on Apr 30, 2007 05:57 PM

Jul 25, 2007

patc131 wrote:
kevind97 wrote:
I have been watching this area, and no one has responded. I really think we need to get some CDNS to let us what have they tried to sell their property and what kind of things have they done. What properties they have and so forth.

I have you heard anything from anyone? What have you tried.

I an trying to buy properties, but having no luck!

James H.
Jul 25, 2007

patc131 wrote:
Most of the timeshares talked about are in the USA. As Canadians I think we have a disadvantage. If one of us should sell our property, would it be possible to use this forum to let the the others know what took place, what difficulties we came across, what we need to know to effectively/correctly sell the property. I am not even sure if we can donate our property to some company. I agree with juliem178, You would think that CHR Management would be eager to get the property back to make more monies.

James H.
Jul 27, 2007

jamesh363 wrote:
patc131 wrote:

What and where are you looking for property?

Pat C.
Jul 28, 2007

Right now I plan to buy three units

James H.
Jul 28, 2007

jamesh363 wrote:
Right now I plan to buy three units

Hi James,

Since you are a paid member of RedWeek.com you can email any of the owners inquiring about their sale postings. You can also post a RedWish asking for what you are looking for then owners will contact you.

Thanks, Marty

Marty F
Jul 29, 2007

James, Are you a Cdn or from the USA. The reason I ask, is that if you are a Cdn you know where and what you are looking for, but if you are from the USA, maybe we can help you to help you with your research as to where to look for your properties that you want, and the type of property that you are looking for.

I do not want to take away from what Marty stated, but sometimes, others can be your eyes and feet so that you feel comfortable with your decision.

By, the way good luck in your search. As Canadian owners, it is always good to know what a buyer is looking for.

Pat C.
Jul 30, 2007

I an from the USA, and in the entry level on purchasing three units

James H.
Apr 19, 2008

We were ripped off by a company called Suncoast. BEWARE! They made us pay $500 up front, and they promised to sell our timeshare. Did not happen. Not much contact so we went to visit the Toronto office (the office address on their "letterhead") and we found a PO Box. We are still out that $500 and we still have our Carriage Hills timeshare for sale.

The timeshare industry is fraught with thieves who bilk the unwary. Shameful. The second or resale market is abysmal.

We enjoy our timeshare vacations, but honestly, there is so much misleading info for owners in this industry I regret buying.

Deborah F.
Jun 03, 2008

Deborah, Were you able to finally sell your timeshare? If so, how did you go about doing it? THanks, Ashley

Ashley B.
Jun 03, 2008

ashleyb85 wrote:
Deborah, Were you able to finally sell your timeshare? If so, how did you go about doing it? THanks, Ashley

NOPE. You sell your timeshare by being VERY careful and reducing the price by 1//2 very sad state of affairs, this timeshare industry. Sad,as it could be really GREAAT for folks, but it is RUINED by greedy developers asking inflated prices then stepping out after the sale.

Deborah F.
Nov 16, 2008

I regret buying too. I have tried to sell but have come across some very disreputable companies that take your money and are never heard from again. Lorraine

Lorraine L.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.