Pueblo Bonito Rose Spa & Resort

Can anyone offer me some guidance on what to do with a timeshare?

Apr 26, 2007

My parents purchased a 1 bedroom, 2 bath unit (called a Master or Executive Suite) at Pueblo Bonito Rose many years ago. My father recently passed away and I’m trying to help my mom figure out what to do with it.

Currently her maintenance fees are due and before I tell her to pay them I want to get some information. She is not likely to travel down there again so I am thinking of helping her sell it. Is this website the best place to do that? If I sell it here, does that mean I am dealing directly with the buyer? Is there any risk in that that I should be aware of and how do I actually transact the sale in a legal and secure way? Is there any benefit to going through a broker or agency?

How likely is the unit to actually sell? I see lots of units here that don’t seem to sell. What are my options? If I don’t sell, can I rent it out…and how likely is it that I would find consistent renters?

I’m a novice to this time share world and would very much appreciate any info or advice someone might offer.

Hi Jason,

If you post your parent's timeshare on RedWeek.com you would be dealing directly with the buyer/renter. We always recommend using an escrow service for any transaction. More about that can be found in the Help area of the website.

There are a number of postings already for this resort but be sure to price it competitively. There's no guarantee that it will be sold or rented but please keep in mind that most brokers will take a huge up front fee and you won't likely hear from them again.

I would recommend that you read and even post your questions on the general forums here on RedWeek.com to gain advice from other owners on their experiences.

Best of luck!

Marty

Richard K.

Last edited by marty8084 on Apr 29, 2007 09:49 PM

Jan 04, 2008

Hi Jason if you put it up for sale at a good price it will sell. I buy some occasionaly on Redweek.

Harold N.
Oct 09, 2012

I would talk to the resort and I think the sales people there would be more help then a broker. I tried a broker and it was a waste ofmoney.

Lois A.
Dec 02, 2014

Hi Marty, I've purchased 3 used ones at Pueblo B. Rose for my family over the past few tears. My email address is r.campos@shaw.ca

Rick C.
Dec 03, 2014

They are pretty easy just to give away. Just have the new owner pay the $500 transfer fee.

Harold N.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.