May 06, 2007

Have my rental for the last few months and no reply. Date for rental 6/16 to 6/24 2007 at $425 nite

Should i wait Lower price First time not sure on what to do

Thanks Tony Rojas

Tony R.
May 07, 2007

I don't know where you own but $425 a night seems awfully high even for the highest end timeshare. My advice is to lower your price per night substantially or if you belong to an exchange company you might consider depositing it since June 16 is right around the corner.

Just curious, where in the world you own to justify charging $425 a night?

tonyr46 wrote:
Have my rental for the last few months and no reply. Date for rental 6/16 to 6/24 2007 at $425 nite

Should i wait Lower price First time not sure on what to do

Thanks Tony Rojas

R P.
May 10, 2007

Hi Tony;

Where on earth is your TS, how many bedrooms, etc? That really seems like a quite a bit of money (?$2975 a week). At Barony Beach where I own - a 5 star Marriott property - people are listing their weeks in that timeperiod (all two bedroom sleeping 8, in a beachfront resort) for at most $2800 and that person won't get it. There are about 12 rentals listed for June, with more for July and the asking prices range froma low of $1850 to the high I noticed of $2800.

What's your maintenance fee? I'd suggest at most trying to double your maintenance fee and be satisfied with that amount. And even that may be too much depending on where your TS is located, amenities, etc. Look at other postings on Redweek for your resort and revise your posting by undercutting any for your time period by $25. to $50. and see what that gets you.

Another thought - if you lower your price substantially immediately and see no results by the 15th of May, see if you can turn the week in to your resort company ( in my case Marriott) and ask them to rent it for you. However, the one year I did that I got only $900. from Marriott for something they rented for around $2500. But it paid my maintenance fee and I couldn't use the extra week that year. But I never let that happen to me again! Good luck.

Kathi L.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.