Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

timeshare rental questions

May 08, 2007

Hi,

I am 18 years old. I am starting to plan a trip to Cancun for March 08 for me and some of my friends.

I just stayed at Crown Paradise Club this past Spring Break. I loved it. I want to rent a timeshare from Golden Shores (the timeshare part of CPC) for next years Spring Break but I have some questions.

- Age requirements? Me and my friends are 18, most of us will be 19. Anyone know if that is to young to rent a time share, or too young to stay at GS/CPC? - All inclusive cost? Is there an all inclusive cost you pay CPC or is that included in the rent? If so anyone know how much it is or have a good estimate? - Golden Shores E-Mail? Anyone know what that is? I sent CPC an e-mail regarding my questions in early April and they said they forwarded it to GS, well I haven't gotten a reply and I cannot find the e-mail address to GS anywhere.

Thank you to anyone who can answer my questions. I would like to rent a timeshare asap but I need my questions answered first so any helpful replys is greatly appreciated!

Adam R.
May 10, 2007

adamr22 wrote:
Hi,

I am 18 years old. I am starting to plan a trip to Cancun for March 08 for me and some of my friends.

I just stayed at Crown Paradise Club this past Spring Break. I loved it. I want to rent a timeshare from Golden Shores (the timeshare part of CPC) for next years Spring Break but I have some questions.

- Age requirements? Me and my friends are 18, most of us will be 19. Anyone know if that is to young to rent a time share, or too young to stay at GS/CPC? - All inclusive cost? Is there an all inclusive cost you pay CPC or is that included in the rent? If so anyone know how much it is or have a good estimate? - Golden Shores E-Mail? Anyone know what that is? I sent CPC an e-mail regarding my questions in early April and they said they forwarded it to GS, well I haven't gotten a reply and I cannot find the e-mail address to GS anywhere.

Thank you to anyone who can answer my questions. I would like to rent a timeshare asap but I need my questions answered first so any helpful replys is greatly appreciated!

Hi Adam,

I was hoping that an owner of this resort would answer your questions maybe someone will later.

The resort is definitely an All Inclusive. You would have to check with the owners whether their price includes the AI fee or not. The email address that I was able to find for Golden Shores is gshores@vistahotel.com. A phone number that you could try is Ph. (310)670-3192.

It's good you are planning so far in advance. Hope it works out for you and your friends.

Marty

Marty F
May 10, 2007

Thank you so much for the e-mail! I've looked everywhere for it haha. I'm starting to look at Oasis and Krystal though because i'm pretty sure CPC doesn't allow Spring Breakers but I didn't offically hear it from them so I will have to check.

Adam R.
Sep 09, 2007

Hello, i am an owner there and as owners we have to pay about $48 pp per day for the all inclusive. Hope this helps! marni

Marni H.
Sep 09, 2007

It's my first time renting from a timeshare owner and wondering what's the best step-bystep process to ensure a safe, secure transaction besides using the third part escorw agent. Hate to pay for airfare and rental, arrive at the destination, and find that it's not available.

Also, has anyone had problems using an escrow agent, like the one referred to by redweek.

Has anyone had a deal go bad, either as owner or renter, and what was done to sort things out, if anything?

Thanks...

Richard L.
Sep 10, 2007

adamr22 wrote:
Hi,

- Age requirements? Me and my friends are 18, most of us will be 19. Anyone know if that is to young to rent a time share, or too young to stay at GS/CPC?

Not sure about the age requirement in Mexico, but in the USA the age is 21. I would contact the resort as to their age requirements before making reservations. You would hate to get to the resort and be turned away at check-in due to your age.

In Florida spring breakers have been known to do major damage to condo and timeshare units, thus those bad apples spoiled the entire barrel for those teens that may be responsible kids.

R P.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.