May 10, 2007

I posted an ad for renting my timeshare. When somone offers to rent, how do you suggest they pay? Use an escrow service? If so, please reply with a list of recommended companies. Thanks.

Jeanne S.

Last edited by jeannes43 on May 10, 2007 04:16 PM

May 10, 2007

jeannes43 wrote:
I posted an ad for renting my timeshare. When somone offers to buy, how do you suggest they pay? Use an escrow service? If so, please reply with a list of recommended companies. Thanks.

Jeanne, I am not trying to be rude but if your renting what do you care about them paying to buy your unit!

I would use a escrow service for a sale no matter what price I sold but that is just me! I feel safety in long run is best.

Phil L.
May 11, 2007

First of all you would need a rental contract in place signed by both owner (you) and renter. There's a sample rental contract in this forum titled 'SAMPLE RENTAL CONTRACT'.

Some people do use escrow services for rentals. I believe Redweek provides an escrow service via American Title and www.timesharetransfer.com also provides rental escrow services.

jeannes43 wrote:
I posted an ad for renting my timeshare. When somone offers to rent, how do you suggest they pay? Use an escrow service? If so, please reply with a list of recommended companies. Thanks.

R P.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.