Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

Anyone have experience with Joyce Bent/Exotic Vacations

May 30, 2007

Hi- I have a Redwish posted looking for a time share in St.Martin to purchase for 2 weeks between 1-13. I have been contacted by Joyce twice and she has told me she has found what I am looking for and said:

"XXXX.XXXX plus the closing cost of $850.00. We require 50% down and the balance at closing. Please enclose the full name and address of the purchaser. A charge authorization form for the deposit is attached as we accept credit card paymnet. Following are the details on the unit. "

In reading all the advice in posts (thank you all) this to me is such a no no, and should all be take care of at closing. Any experience/advice you have to offer would be appreciated. I have also done a Google but it has not turned up to much. Thanks, Kathy

Kathleen D.
May 31, 2007

I've never used her service, check out bidshare.com auction #203560. I've purchase here before (below reserve price).

Good luck

Jim Y.
May 31, 2007

I've never heard of this company but that doesn't mean they aren't legitimate.

Have you read all the terms of the contract? Are you satisfied with the cost of the 2 weeks, maintenance fees, closing costs etc? Who is doing the closing? Does the closing company have escrow services (holding all monies until the transaction is complete and all contracts are signed by both buyer and seller)?

I would have her fax a copy of the deeds to you before I went any further and would tell her that no money will change hands until the closing unless their closing company uses a legitimate escrow service.

kathleend70 wrote:
Hi- I have a Redwish posted looking for a time share in St.Martin to purchase for 2 weeks between 1-13. I have been contacted by Joyce twice and she has told me she has found what I am looking for and said:

"XXXX.XXXX plus the closing cost of $850.00. We require 50% down and the balance at closing. Please enclose the full name and address of the purchaser. A charge authorization form for the deposit is attached as we accept credit card paymnet. Following are the details on the unit. "

In reading all the advice in posts (thank you all) this to me is such a no no, and should all be take care of at closing. Any experience/advice you have to offer would be appreciated. I have also done a Google but it has not turned up to much. Thanks, Kathy

R P.
May 31, 2007

Jayjay and Jim thank you both!!!!

Kathleen D.
Jan 19, 2008

Hi Kathleen and other Redweek Forum readers. Does anyone have any more feedback about Joyce Bent/Exotic Vacations. I'm about to rent two weeks at Vacation Village at Weston from her / her company but I just want to check that it's all legit. Anyone had an good / bad experiences to share with this person / company.

Thanks, Richard.

Richard L.
Jan 19, 2008

Please use thread

http://www.redweek.com/forums/messages?thread_id=13684

Richard L.
Jan 19, 2008

jeffreyl69 wrote:
Hi Kathleen and other Redweek Forum readers. Does anyone have any more feedback about Joyce Bent/Exotic Vacations. I'm about to rent two weeks at Vacation Village at Weston from her / her company but I just want to check that it's all legit. Anyone had an good / bad experiences to share with this person / company.

Thanks, Richard.

Consider using an escrow service (First American Title is often recommended by RedWeek, although I've never used them myself) to handle the rental details and funds. $100 total cost and maybe the renting person/company would be willing to split that cost with you. If they balk at the use of an escrow service, that might be cause to go on alert and question exactly why they would object. Having never heard of this person or this company before, I'd certainly be looking for some objective, disinterested "middleman" involvement, but that's your call.

KC
Jan 19, 2008

Many thanks Ken.

It would be $150 as the total for my transaction will be over the $100 threshold. Maybe the 3rd party brocker would go half/half as they're supposed to as part of First American Title, but at $75 who knows.

Richard L.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.