Timeshare Exchanges

Question: Has anyone had any experience with HSI?

Jun 08, 2007

Hiya:

I'm new to this forum and new to timeshares in general. However I recently went on a fractional ownership sales presentation and all the salesguy kept talking about was "HSI this" and "HSI that." So much so, that I promised to do some research after I left the presentation. So here goes. . . Has anyone heard of HSI, or better yet, if you've not only heard of it, but are a member of it, I'd sincerely like to hear your experiences with it. Most notably, I'd like to know whether it's true that you can get almost any timeshare at any destination 90% of the time 30+ days or more. If so, then this really does beat out Interval and RCI, where I have had some experience having a great amount of difficulty locating timeshares in the destination that I wanted to go to.

Thanks so much.

Al misobrilliant@gmail.com 917-714-3515

Al O.
Apr 19, 2009

Good ?

Debra H.
Apr 20, 2009

alo5 wrote:
Most notably, I'd like to know whether it's true that you can get almost any timeshare at any destination 90% of the time 30+ days or more. If so, then this really does beat out Interval and RCI, where I have had some experience having a great amount of difficulty locating timeshares in the destination that I wanted to go to.

Never heard of HSI, but I can guarantee you that you CANNOT get almost any timeshare at any destination 90% of the time at 30+ days out. People that want hard to get resorts/locations have to make their exchanges at least a year in advance .... it's all about supply and demand of a given resort/location.

R P.
Apr 20, 2009

Many of these "vacation clubs" obtain their inventory from the leftovers of the various exchange companies and/or developers. As a result the availability is not all that it's made out to be.

Mike N.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.