Jun 19, 2007

My week at Suset Lagoon was the best vacation I have ever had! There was nothing that disappointed me, everything was better than I had hoped for. The food was superb, the accomodation very comfortable, the staff very helpful and friendly. The activities were well organized. The activity director even arranged an evening surprise for my birthday.( champagne at a club) This is a resort that was not overcrowded and I would definatel go back for another vacation.

Maureen M.
May 19, 2008

Good to see this relatively recent visit reported. We visited briefly in January 2008 but were not staying on site. Our package housed us at Lagoona Suites which is a related smaller resort but we could visit the other two Sunset resorts and eat there if we wished. (Actuallly, we rather preferred the restaurant at Lagoona Suites but the units are spartan there.)

We now have the right to reserve 10 weeks in any of the Sunset places, so I need to find out more about them than I can currently recall! We paid an all- inclusive fee of $45 each. Is this the usual amount or a special for "visitors who may buy"? Mary

Mary D.
Aug 02, 2008

Your $45 pppd looks like a special for people who might buy. It also depends how much is included in the 'all-inclusive'. Sunset Group just quoted me $87.50pppd for Dec '08 all-inclusive at the Royal Lagoon's sister resort, Royal Sunset.

adahiscout wrote:
Good to see this relatively recent visit reported. We visited briefly in January 2008 but were not staying on site. Our package housed us at Lagoona Suites which is a related smaller resort but we could visit the other two Sunset resorts and eat there if we wished. (Actuallly, we rather preferred the restaurant at Lagoona Suites but the units are spartan there.)

We now have the right to reserve 10 weeks in any of the Sunset places, so I need to find out more about them than I can currently recall! We paid an all- inclusive fee of $45 each. Is this the usual amount or a special for "visitors who may buy"? Mary

Steve T.
Aug 03, 2008

Thanks, Lonewolf, for the information on All Inclusive. We were afraid that the higher quote might be the case. If anyone can eat and drink that much, I'll happily rent out our Sunset Group weeks to them! MD

Mary D.
Apr 16, 2009

Today is April 16th, 2009. The last message here was from someone staying at the resort is almost two years old. We also stayed there then, and it was great. We enjoyed the yachts. And the Royal with its beach was awesome.

Question: Does anyone know what the place is like today? After the hurricane, they said it was completely rebuilt. Did they do that? What are the all-inclusive rates today? Back in 2005 they were $59/day. We know the economy is poor. Are weeks more readily available now?

We live in Canada, are retired and enjoy the warmth of the tropics in the winter. But we are thinking of either selling the timeshare or renting out our weeks. We have listed it for sale, let's see what happens. Thanks for any answers, it will help with plans for our holidays. Arnold

Arnold U.
Apr 17, 2009

As indicated above, we were at the Sunset resorts in Cancun on January 2008. This was after the hurricane, so I suppose the answer is "Yes, they were nicely rebuilt." I have no idea what they were like previously. MD

Mary D.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.