Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

Inexpensive escrow service?

Jun 28, 2007

I am in the process of selling a RTU week. No deed is involved in any such "right to use" week and the Vacation Club involved prepares and issues all of its own purchase and sales documents. In short, we truly don't need or want any "closing services". Neither do we need or want to pay a closing company $300 or more to do nothing more than "hold this money" until both buyer and seller are comfortable with the integrity, validity and accuracy of all details of the transaction, none of which will actually involve the closing company in any way at any time.

Does anyone know of a reputable "escrow service" which will charge a reasonable fee for doing (and being asked to do) absolutely nothing more than receiving from buyer, holding, then forwarding to seller the transaaction funds? Looking for a solution to protect both buyer and seller, but have no intentions of paying ANYONE $300 just to ".....here, hold on to this money for a week or so until you hear from me, then just mail it to Mr. K. at this address....."

Informed input and specific suggestions are solicited and will be sincerely appreciated. Thanks in advance.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Jun 28, 2007 02:57 PM

Jun 28, 2007

www.timesharetransfer.com will do escrow only but I'm not sure what they charge. You can access their website to see their list of services and you can send them an email telling them what you want.

R P.
Jun 29, 2007

jayjay wrote:
www.timesharetransfer.com will do escrow only but I'm not sure what they charge. You can access their website to see their list of services and you can send them an email telling them what you want.
=======================================

I've used TT several times (as both buyer and seller) and they are good, but their minimum fee is $300, whether it's for a full closing or for anything less. Not acceptable, for what little involvement / effort I seek in this particular instance.

Does anyone know of an entity which charges no more than HALF that amount --- maximum) to do NOTHING more than hold on to some money for a week or so and then just mail it? Thanks in advance.....

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Jun 29, 2007 04:05 AM

Jun 29, 2007

Redweek offers an escrow service with American Title but I have no idea what they charge. You could email marty and ask her.

R P.
Jun 29, 2007

Re: >> Redweek offers an escrow service with American Title but I have no idea what they charge. <<

$300. Not acceptable. So my question remains....

Does anyone know of an escrow service able and willing to do nothing more than act as midlleman for funds in a private resale transaction, charging less than (hopefully MUCH less than) $150 for a mere 3-5 minutes of "....receive check, hold, then remail check" effort? Thanks in advance.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Jun 29, 2007 09:14 AM

Jun 30, 2007

ken1193 wrote:
Does anyone know of an escrow service able and willing to do nothing more than act as midlleman for funds in a private resale transaction, charging less than (hopefully MUCH less than) $150 for a mere 3-5 minutes of "....receive check, hold, then remail check" effort? Thanks in advance.

I assume you've tried a google search.

R P.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.