Timeshare Companies

Construction Suspended at Westin Lagunamar Resort

Jun 29, 2007

According to the local press, today, construction on the new Westin Lagunamar has been ordered suspended until officials can determine the extent if any of the damages to the Maya Ruin site near the construction area. Authorities are also concerned that the Hotel's development will restrict future public access to the site and the Hotel's development along the beach and dune lines. The Hotel is currently in the middle of construction with considerable sized structures already built on site.

Jack F.
Jul 07, 2007

jackf48 wrote:
According to the local press, today, construction on the new Westin Lagunamar has been ordered suspended until officials can determine the extent if any of the damages to the Maya Ruin site near the construction area. Authorities are also concerned that the Hotel's development will restrict future public access to the site and the Hotel's development along the beach and dune lines. The Hotel is currently in the middle of construction with considerable sized structures already built on site.
I would like to know what local press you are speaking of? This resort was in negotiation for over 2 years and I am quite certain all those topics were discussed.

Paul Q.

Last edited by paulq8 on Jul 07, 2007 01:11 PM

Jul 07, 2007

I would like to know what local press you are speaking of? This resort was in negotiation for over 2 years and I am quite certain all those topics were discussed.

Paul Q.
Jul 07, 2007

The article I saw was about the Mayan ruins that are miles from the Westin. It was a completely different resort and developer.

Paul Q.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.