Marriott's Barony Beach Club

What are some good places to Eat Near Barony Beach

Jun 30, 2007

Can anyone recommend where to eat near Barony Beach? First time going there this year.

Jan T.
Jan 22, 2008

jant27 wrote:
Can anyone recommend where to eat near Barony Beach? First time going there this year.
Charlie's Crab is great.Beautiful water views,gorgeous decor,and wonderful food.We go early for sunset specials. It's on Squire Pope Road.

David C.
Mar 09, 2008

In the lobby at Barony you will find a huge notebook with pictures and menus of excellent resaurants. You will also be contacted by a personal conceirge from Marriott and they know the island and which restaurants to eat at. Restaurant maps are available as well. Hop this helps. Tom

Thomas C.
Mar 11, 2008

jant27 wrote:

Charlie's Crab and Hudson's are right next to each other and both are good. A few feet away is Boathouse (I think this is the name). They are all good. (caveat, this is Hilton Head and not NYC so good is relative). Alexander's is also a good restaruant as is Catch 22. In Sea Pines, CQ's is very nice. I own barony but last week stayed at Sea Watch and found thier concierge to be up on the latest restaurants and changes.

Ben E.
Apr 01, 2008

We own at Barony and go to Hilton Head every year. There are restaurants for every taste and pocketbook - from very expensive to pretty cheap. And we've found that some of the more costly don't necessarily have food as good (or at least any better) than the pretty cheap ones. One thing - there really aren't any restaurants close to Barony - I mean within walking distance - except those at the Westin. But there are a ton of places to eat on the island, and in Bluffton. In Hilton Head we like a place called the Sea Shack - down toward the Sea Pines end of the island. We often go there for lunch. It's a dive, frequently by locals, and by those tourists lucky enough to find it. Ask for directions, as the food is fresh and great, and the prices are very good. This is an eat outside on a picnic table with a view of the parking lot or inside at one of the few plastic tables, but the food is wonderful and you can't beat the price. Also, the Salty Dog Cafe (located inside Sea Pines) has a great deal on peel and eat shrimp and crab legs, as well as happy hour prices on drinks, every afternoon. You have to eat in the bar upstairs, but the view is great and they let kids in too with their parents. We've made a meal on the peel and eat shrimp and the other hors d'ouerves on special in the afternoon. Also, many places have early bird menus - a good deal if you don't mind eating early.

Kathi L.

Last edited by kathi32 on Feb 08, 2009 07:47 PM

Dec 31, 2008

The last 2 times we ate at Hudsons on squire pope road, we felt the food quality was off. Enough so that we probably won't return.

Sorry, I don't remember the good places we ate at. Just that Hudsons didn't leave a good taste. No worries though, you will not starve looking for a good meal on HHI.

Totally unrelated to food... Last time on HHI I needed to get a haircut. I went to the barber shop in Coligny Plaza. Got a good haircut, cheap, and a straight shave with a hot towel. WOW...what a way to start vacation. Gunna do that every time now.

Dan S.
Jul 20, 2009

The Black Marlin was recommended to us, was very disappointing, we would not go again. We found a place called the boathouse II. Looked a little dumpy from the outside, but I am glad we gave it a chance. The food is excellent, the service superb, and it was right on the water with a spectacular view. We also enjoyed going to South Beach (though a bit of a drive) and ate awesome hamburgers outside at the Salty Dog Cafe. I would also recommend going to the local Publix or Piggly Wiggly (not BiLo, what a dump!) and picking out some good steaks or burgers, and grilling out at the Barony one night. That actually turned out to be our most memorable dinner! If you want pizza and pasta(esp the pasta) Guisseppi's is awesome! They will deliver, be build in an extra hour because they are in high demand and that is how long it will take for delivery (or you can go pick it up).

Laura C.
Nov 25, 2012

We go to HHI every summer with 15 family and always have a great time. One of our favorites is the Crazy Crab near the entrance to the island. It's big, has great service, & the food is as good as anywhere else we've eaten on the island. The places rec. above are also great. The last time we went to Hudson's the food was good for HHI but the service wasn't as good as expected.

Steven M.
Sep 06, 2013

For breakfast try Harolds on wm, hilton parkway - bike from Barony. You will not believe this place owner and wait staff?? are sarcastic sort of like Dirty Dicks. No atmosphere but we g find it fun

Russell M.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.