General Discussion

Question concerning "Webuytimeshares.com"

Jul 04, 2007

Has anyone reading this post had experience with "Webuytimeshares.com". If so, was the experience good, bad or so-so. Apparently their business model is to buy timeshares from individuals at wholesale and foreclosed units from resorts in bulk.

Carvan A.
Jul 05, 2007

carvana wrote:
Has anyone reading this post had experience with "Webuytimeshares.com". If so, was the experience good, bad or so-so. Apparently their business model is to buy timeshares from individuals at wholesale and foreclosed units from resorts in bulk.

We thought we bought a timeshare from this company several years ago. The problem is that it was listed as a fixed week 21 on their website but it turned to be a floating week. We had to back out of the deal due to that error. Be sure that all information in their ads is correct before committing to buying from them.

R P.
Jul 06, 2007

This company is owned and operated by Uri Fried. Appropriate name, as they get much of their inventory from postcard companies and resell on eBay and other sites. A former employee of a postcard company confided on TUG that this guy takes many of the hard-to-sell weeks from We Collect Timeshares, LLC, which is one of those companies.

Sun or Snow T.
Jul 06, 2007

Thanks for responding to my question. I had contacted the company concerning buying one of my timeshares at "wholesale" and they determined that the "wholesale" value of my unit was "0" but that they would take it off of my hands if I sent them $450 for the closing costs. It looked a little questionable to me and I appreciate your heads up on this company.

cynthia281 wrote:
This company is owned and operated by Uri Fried. Appropriate name, as they get much of their inventory from postcard companies and resell on eBay and other sites. A former employee of a postcard company confided on TUG that this guy takes many of the hard-to-sell weeks from We Collect Timeshares, LLC, which is one of those companies.

Carvan A.
Jul 07, 2007

I'm not condoning this company, but if they are charging you ONLY $450 (for closing) to take your unwanted timeshare off your hands then that's much better than the $3000-3900+ that postcard companies charge to do the same thing. I believe many people would pay $450 for this sevice to keep from paying another years' maintenance fees.

carvana wrote:
Thanks for responding to my question. I had contacted the company concerning buying one of my timeshares at "wholesale" and they determined that the "wholesale" value of my unit was "0" but that they would take it off of my hands if I sent them $450 for the closing costs. It looked a little questionable to me and I appreciate your heads up on this company.

R P.

Last edited by jayjay on Jul 07, 2007 08:43 AM

Jul 07, 2007

Jayjay, I agree with your observation that $450 is a small price to pay to unload a worthless timeshare. My concern is that I pay the $450 and the company doesn't follow through. I will do my due dilligence on this company and I will keep you posted as to the outcome.

I have a timeshare that I purchased 20 years ago at resale for $3,000 and have received many times that value in return through usage and exchange for ski weeks at prime Marriott resorts. Unfortunately, many factors including poor management and deferred maintenance led to the annual fee and special assessments exceeding the fair rental value of the property essentially making it worthless. I will continue to pay these fees because like you have said in prior posts, JayJay, these fees/special assessments are the "bread and butter" of the resort and if I don't pay them someone else will have to!

Carvana

jayjay wrote:
I'm not condoning this company, but if they are charging you ONLY $450 (for closing) to take your unwanted timeshare off your hands then that's much better than the $3000-3900+ that postcard companies charge to do the same thing. I believe many people would pay $450 for this sevice to keep from paying another years' maintenance fees.

carvana wrote:

Carvan A.
Jul 08, 2007

Carvana, why not just give the week away? You can advertise it on Redweek or many other sites and just give it to someone.

I was going to sell an off-season week we have owned for 20 years, because we have all red weeks and only that one blue week. We advertised it for $500 and received several inquiries within a two-week period. Then we basically gave it to our former foster son who wanted to use it, just to go to Orlando. He exchanged into a 3 bedroom Gold Crown for September. His total cost was $416 maintenance fee and the exchange fee. He is very happy to own this week.

I think many younger people would appreciate a free week as an introduction to great vacations, so that is one option I can recommend to you.

Sun or Snow T.
Jul 08, 2007

Yes, giving your unwanted week away is one option, however there are some weeks than can't even be given away (nobody wants them as is evidenced on Ebay). I don't know if the above company would even take such an unwanted week, but yes, trying to give it away or selling it for $1 is a viable option. That would certainly be my first choice, but if maintenance fees were coming due, I might consider giving my week to the above company and paying the $450 closing cost.

cynthia281 wrote:
Carvana, why not just give the week away? You can advertise it on Redweek or many other sites and just give it to someone.

I was going to sell an off-season week we have owned for 20 years, because we have all red weeks and only that one blue week. We advertised it for $500 and received several inquiries within a two-week period. Then we basically gave it to our former foster son who wanted to use it, just to go to Orlando. He exchanged into a 3 bedroom Gold Crown for September. His total cost was $416 maintenance fee and the exchange fee. He is very happy to own this week.

I think many younger people would appreciate a free week as an introduction to great vacations, so that is one option I can recommend to you.

R P.
Jul 08, 2007

P.S. After giving a timeshare to the above company, or to anyone else, I would follow through by calling the timeshare resort and the county recording clerk to make sure it was no longer in my name. Make sure there is a signed contract as proof of the transfer.

There have been reports that some people that have given timeshares to the expensive postcard companies later find the timeshare to be still in their name.

R P.
Jul 08, 2007

carvana Thanks for responding to my question. I had contacted the company concerning buying one of my timeshares at "wholesale" and they determined that the "wholesale" value of my unit was "0" but that they would take it off of my hands if I sent them $450 for the closing costs. It looked a little questionable to me and I appreciate your heads up on this company.

(PHILL12)

Just be very careful because many of these companies like to play fisherman and troll around!

What I mean by this is many of these companies pitch this scam of closing cost of $450 and just take your unit and when you get excited and relief then they hit you for more money because as they will quote" You misunderstood" and now you need to pay more money!

Remember they already have your $450 and try and get that back(good luck). So most people will now send more money because their already in to deep!

If you ever trolled you float around until you get fish interested then after the fish bites you reel it in to your boat!

How do they make money if the closing fee is paid out and now they have your worthless timeshare. Where does their profit come from!

Phil L.
Jul 09, 2007

phill12 wrote:
How do they make money if the closing fee is paid out and now they have your worthless timeshare. Where does their profit come from!

They turn around and try to sell it on Ebay for $1 making a $449 profit, but if they don't sell the timeshare they are left holding the bag for upcoming maintenance fees. That's why you MUST make sure the week is out of your name should you do business with them.

I honestly don't see how these $450 resellers make any money, because there are so many $1 timeshares on Ebay that have NO bids and the resellers are left owing the maintenance fees if they don't resell.

R P.
Jul 09, 2007

cynthia281 wrote:

Cynthia, giving the unit away to a friend or relative is really not an option in that the maintenance fee/special assessment fees ($1,500 per year) far exceed the fair rental value of the property and will for the forseeable future. Either of my three married sons would jump at a gift of the unit if the fees were only $416 a year but not at three times that amount when they could rent a comparable unit for considerably less. Carvana

Carvan A.
Jul 10, 2007

This is one of the sad pitfalls of timeshare ownership ... special assessments and rising maintenance fees to the point that you can't even GIVE the week away.

carvana wrote:
Cynthia, giving the unit away to a friend or relative is really not an option in that the maintenance fee/special assessment fees ($1,500 per year) far exceed the fair rental value of the property and will for the forseeable future. Either of my three married sons would jump at a gift of the unit if the fees were only $416 a year but not at three times that amount when they could rent a comparable unit for considerably less. Carvana

R P.
Aug 08, 2007

Can anyone mail me a timesharing contract so I can have an idea of what is at stake and how it is expressed in written form? Thank you

JOse B.
Jun 12, 2008

warrenf18 wrote:
several companies take them for a small fee, their are ways to never have to pay any MF on them, though you will not be able to ever sell, rent or use them ever again. It is all legal and is a huge secret to those who know how to do it and I am one of them. I charge $300.00 to do it.

So I would say Webuytimeshares.com is a legitiment way to get rid of your timeshare, cost is slightly more, but reasonable.

The companies selling unnits on ebay are not selling the units that I or others take using the methods I use. you can not pay of back MF as I take them in thousands of dollars in debt. Places that want everything paid up to date are trying to cash in on a quick sale on the other end. Look harder if they want that as their are those doing it cheaper who do not spend alot on advertising, that are willing to help.

Warren,

With due respect, I find your comments incoherent.

What do you mean when you imply that your company takes timeshares for a small fee of $300? Does this mean you buy the timeshare with title being transferred and recorded in deed records together with notification of resort so their records are changed? If you do in fact purchase the timeshare, your comment that "you will not be able to ever sell, rent or use them" is meaningless since it is obvious that once it is sold the prior owner can no longer use the property.

If the transaction does not involve a change of ownership, what is covered by the $300 fee?

You say that "Webuytimeshares.com" is "legitiment". I suppose you mean legitimate. How do you know? Have you done business with them?

What do you mean by "can not pay of back MF as I take them in thousands of dollars in debt"? That doesn't make sense. Do you mean you buy timeshares with upaid MF in excess of thousands of dollars? If so, do you record the deed in your name and notify the resort that you are now the owner?

Why would someone who sold a timeshare to you care what you subsequently paid for advertising to sell the unit. Your comment, "look harder if they want that as their (sic) are those doing it cheaper who do not spend alot on advertising, that are willing to help" doesn't make sense if you as you suggest "take them" -ownership - "for a small fee".

It may be "all legal and is a huge secret" as you suggest but I suspect what you do is another upfront fee operation with title remaining in seller's name.

Carvana

Carvan A.
Jun 13, 2008

warrenf4 wrote:
carvana wrote:
warrenf18 wrote:
several companies take them for a small fee, their are ways to never have to pay any MF on them, though you will not be able to ever sell, rent or use them ever again. It is all legal and is a huge secret to those who know how to do it and I am one of them. I charge $300.00 to do it.

So I would say Webuytimeshares.com is a legitiment way to get rid of your timeshare, cost is slightly more, but reasonable.

The companies selling unnits on ebay are not selling the units that I or others take using the methods I use. you can not pay of back MF as I take them in thousands of dollars in debt. Places that want everything paid up to date are trying to cash in on a quick sale on the other end. Look harder if they want that as their are those doing it cheaper who do not spend alot on advertising, that are willing to help.

Warren,

What do you mean when you imply that your company takes timeshares for a small fee of $300? Does this mean you buy the timeshare with title being transferred and recorded in deed records together with notification of resort so their records are changed? If you do in fact purchase the timeshare, your comment that "you will not be able to ever sell, rent or use them" is meaningless since it is obvious that once it is sold the prior owner can no longer use the property.

If the transaction does not involve a change of ownership, what is covered by the $300 fee?

You say that "Webuytimeshares.com" is "legitiment". I suppose you mean legitimate. How do you know? Have you done business with them?

What do you mean by "can not pay of back MF as I take them in thousands of dollars in debt"? That doesn't make sense. Do you mean you buy timeshares with upaid MF in excess of thousands of dollars? If so, do you record the deed in your name and notify the resort that you are now the owner?

Why would someone who sold a timeshare to you care what you subsequently paid for advertising to sell the unit. Your comment, "look harder if they want that as their (sic) are those doing it cheaper who do not spend alot on advertising, that are willing to help" doesn't make sense if you as you suggest "take them" -ownership - "for a small fee".

It may be "all legal and is a huge secret" as you suggest but I suspect what you do is another upfront fee operation with title remaining in seller's name.

Carvana

OK here it is in simple terms..

How it works is I buy the timeshares for $1.00. I will buy a timeshare that some one owes past due maintnance fees, sometimes 2 or 3 years worth. I assume all responsibility for them. I have a new deed made and recorded with me as the buyer and new owner. I send a copy to the resort demanding them to send all correspondence to me along with any past due bills along with all future bills. I charge $300.00 for this service. This is the only fee the old owner will ever have to pay. He does not have to pay any transfer fees, back fees, he pays nothing else.

Now naturally I am not going to pay of past debts, transfer fees or any other fee, nor is the resort going to allow me to use it and no one will ever buy it from me with all the debt attached.

I never pay nor will I ever have to as I do this through a very complex business design, that allows me to prevent the resorts from ever being able to collect from me. Now the seller will also get a copy of deed showing transfer of ownership and the assumption of all past due fees associated with the transfer of ownership. With this, the old owner gets to walk as well. The resorts can not touch him or her as well. The hole system screws the resorts from being able to collect any funds ever again from anyone. Every thing I do is done openly through ebay contracts with payments from paypal, where the sellers are fully protected from any type of fraud.

================================================

I'm not going to flatter your "hide the ownership" scheme with a response, but I'll nonetheless make two specific recommendations from which you would greatly benefit:

1. A class or two in English grammar and spelling.

2. Law school (although your admission is unlikely).

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Jun 13, 2008 04:26 AM

Jun 13, 2008

ken1193 wrote:
warrenf4 wrote:
carvana wrote:
warrenf18 wrote:

Warren,

Carvana

How it works is I buy the timeshares for $1.00. I will buy a timeshare that some one owes past due maintnance fees, sometimes 2 or 3 years worth. I assume all responsibility for them. I have a new deed made and recorded with me as the buyer and new owner. I send a copy to the resort demanding them to send all correspondence to me along with any past due bills along with all future bills. I charge $300.00 for this service. This is the only fee the old owner will ever have to pay. He does not have to pay any transfer fees, back fees, he pays nothing else.

Now naturally I am not going to pay of past debts, transfer fees or any other fee, nor is the resort going to allow me to use it and no one will ever buy it from me with all the debt attached.

I never pay nor will I ever have to as I do this through a very complex business design, that allows me to prevent the resorts from ever being able to collect from me. Now the seller will also get a copy of deed showing transfer of ownership and the assumption of all past due fees associated with the transfer of ownership. With this, the old owner gets to walk as well. The resorts can not touch him or her as well. The hole system screws the resorts from being able to collect any funds ever again from anyone. Every thing I do is done openly through ebay contracts with payments from paypal, where the sellers are fully protected from any type of fraud.

I'm not going to flatter your "hide the ownership" scheme with a response, but I'll nonetheless make two specific recommendations from which you would greatly benefit:

1. A class or two in English grammar and spelling.

============ Ken, have you noticed this guy(?) has used three different ids... warrenf17, warrenf18, and now warrenf4? If warren (insert your favorite # here) that his technique is "legal", it is surely unethical (but it appears ethics is not a top priority to him). Anyone who buys a product and takes on a debt knowing he's NOT going to pay it off, is committing fraud. Others in this same category are: People who run up credit card debt, then whine to the CC company to get their bill reduced. AND people who jumped into a sub-prime mortgage to buy a bigger house and now want the gov't to bail them out.

Mike N.
Jun 13, 2008

mike1536 correctly observes in relevant part: >> Ken, have you noticed this guy(?) has used three different ids... warrenf17, warrenf18, and now warrenf4? << ============================================== Mike: Yes, I have noticed that same thing in recent days. My theory is that since he appears to be soliciting participation in an illegal and fraudulent activity (and has the gall to ask for a $300 fee along the way to do so), he is probably being booted off RedWeek forums by the moderators upon each discovery of each such solicitation, so he then just comes back with a modified "new" identity. I'm confident that the RedWeek folks will ultimately find a way to just screen him out permanently. Speaking only for myself, I can't say that I'll much miss him. Timeshare ownership and use is complicated enough already without adding more new hucksters and hustlers into the mix...

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Jun 13, 2008 06:57 AM

Jun 13, 2008

warrenf18 wrote:
"OK here it is in simple terms..

Just another get rich scheme involving timeshares, as if there weren't already enough out there including upfront fee resale companies and postcard companies.

My question, what proof do you show the original owner that the deed is no longer in their name or do you just colletct your $300 with the deed still remaining in the original owner's name?

R P.

Last edited by jayjay on Jun 13, 2008 08:32 AM

Jun 13, 2008

warrenf19 wrote:
mike1536 wrote:
ken1193 wrote:
warrenf4 wrote:
carvana wrote:
warrenf18 wrote:
several companies take them for a smaall fee, their are ways to never have to pay any MF on them, though you wiall not be able to ever seall, rent or use them ever again. It is aall legal and is a huge secret to those who know how to do it and I am one of them. I charge $300.00 to do it.

So I would say Webuytimeshares.com is a legitimate way to get rid of your timeshare, cost is slightly more, but reasonable.

The companies sealling units on ebay are not sealling the units that I or others take using the methods I use. you can not pay of back MF as I take them in thousands of doallars in debt. Places that want everything paid up to date are trying to cash in on a quick sale on the other end. Look harder if they want that as their are those doing it cheaper who do not spend a lot on advertising, that are wialling to help.

Warren,

What do you mean when you imply that your company takes timeshares for a smaall fee of $300? Does this mean you buy the timeshare with title being transferred and recorded in deed records together with notification of resort so their records are changed? If you do in fact purchase the timeshare, your comment that "you wiall not be able to ever seall, rent or use them" is meaningless since it is obvious that once it is sold the prior owner can no longer use the property.

You say that "Webuytimeshares.com" is "legitimate". I suppose you mean legitimate. How do you know? Have you done business with them?

What do you mean by "can not pay of back MF as I take them in thousands of doallars in debt"? That doesn't make sense. Do you mean you buy timeshares with unpaid MF in excess of thousands of doallars? If so, do you record the deed in your name and notify the resort that you are now the owner?

Why would someone who sold a timeshare to you care what you subsequently paid for advertising to seall the unit. Your comment, "look harder if they want that as their (sic) are those doing it cheaper who do not spend a lot on advertising, that are wialling to help" doesn't make sense if you as you suggest "take them" -ownership - "for a smaall fee".

It may be "aall legal and is a huge secret" as you suggest but I suspect what you do is another up front fee operation with title remaining in sealler's name.

Carvana

How it works is I buy the timeshares for $1.00. I wiall buy a timeshare that some one owes past due maintenance fees, sometimes 2 or 3 years worth. I assume aall responsibility for them. I have a new deed made and recorded with me as the buyer and new owner. I send a copy to the resort demanding them to send aall correspondence to me along with any past due bialls along with aall future bialls. I charge $300.00 for this service. This is the only fee the old owner wiall ever have to pay. He does not have to pay any transfer fees, back fees, he pays nothing else.

Now naturaally I am not going to pay of past debts, transfer fees or any other fee, nor is the resort going to aallow me to use it and no one wiall ever buy it from me with aall the debt attached.

I never pay nor wiall I ever have to as I do this through a very complex business design, that aallows me to prevent the resorts from ever being able to coallect from me. Now the sealler wiall also get a copy of deed showing transfer of ownership and the assumption of aall past due fees associated with the transfer of ownership. With this, the old owner gets to walk as weall. The resorts can not touch him or her as weall. The hole system screws the resorts from being able to coallect any funds ever again from anyone. Every thing I do is done openly through ebay contracts with payments from paypal, where the seallers are fually protected from any type of fraud.

I'm not going to flatter your "hide the ownership" scheme with a response, but I'all nonetheless make two specific recommendations from which you would greatly benefit:

1. A class or two in English grammar and spealling.

============ Ken, have you noticed this guy(?) has used three different ids... warrenf17, warrenf18, and now warrenf4? If warren (insert your favorite # here) that his technique is "legal", it is surely unethical (but it appears ethics is not a top priority to him). Anyone who buys a product and takes on a debt knowing he's NOT going to pay it off, is committing fraud. Others in this same category are: People who run up credit card debt, then whine to the CC company to get their biall reduced. AND people who jumped into a sub-prime mortgage to buy a bigger house and now want the gov't to bail them out.

Yes and here is a new account as well. They keep blocking my account from being able to answer peoples questions. You might not like the ethics of what I do, how ever what I do is legal and very helpful to those wanting out of timeshare ownership. The people I help can not afford their fees, or are left with a very poor choice of which bills to pay and the resort is last on that list. How ethical is it for a resort to decide to remodel and send everyone a $3000.00 special assessment, little secret, the resort never sold off the entire year and they hold the voting interest to do and charge what ever they want. If they can take your house they will. They will not take back any of their units period. If you declare bankruptcy, they will forgive you the debt in most cases, aallowing you to keep your unit so they can bill you for the upcoming years. Now is it ethical of Redweek to keep blocking and deleting my messages, while I am openly discussing something on the topic. I will agree that it is horrible that their are so many vultures out their who wiall prey on the desperate. They charge 2 or more thousand. I also question Redweeks ethics to charge $50.00 to post a for sale add and then not aallow that person the maximum benefit from their add. Not many are going to pay $10.00 to answer it, with all the other free places.

I am open to real dialog, it seems you want to ridicule legitimate companies and not aallow them in the forum to defend themselves.

======== The way I understand it, you are taking the deed and knowingly NOT paying the MF, assessments, etc. You can't convince me that is not fraud and unethical. It's no worse than going into a restaurant, ordering dinner, then walking out without paying because the bill was too high. For every MF and SA that someone is not paying, the rest of the owners have to make up.

Mike N.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.