The Royal Sands

Deeded vs Right to Use

Jul 14, 2007

Can someone tell me the difference?

Scott P.
Jul 16, 2007

scottp113 wrote:

Deeded Property: True property ownership with deed recorded in the county where the property exists. This type of property has the same rights of ownership accorded to it as other deeded real estate. The owner may sell, rent, bequeath, or give away the property.

Right to Use (RTU): A lease, or right to use ownership grants the lessor the right to use the property for a specified period of time; usually from 20 to 99 years. The resort developer or Management Company holds ownership of the physical property. However, during the right-to-use period, the owner may rent, transfer, or bequeath the remaining years of their right to use property.

More timeshare terms can be found in our Help area or at http://www.redweek.com/help/glossary

Thanks, Marty

Marty F
Jan 28, 2008

scottp113 wrote:
When buying or selling, are both (Deeded & RTU), handled the same way through ISCO??? Is a lawyer needed for Deeded? Thanks LP

Lynda P.
Nov 17, 2009

Just so anybody inquirying on a Royal Resorts unit know that ALL the membership types are the same whether the owner puts Deeded or RTU! The reason for half putting Deeded and half putting RTU, is that the Royal Resorts has a unique ownership that is RTU plus Residual Rights (i.e. making it essentially Deeded but with the stipulation that you have to sell at a certain date). So Ideally Redweek management would just get rid of this cateogory for Royal Resorts, or have a RTU w/ Residual Rights added as an option.

Hope this helps! Bill

William C.
Jan 05, 2012

So if I "own" the weeks whether it is RTU or whatever, then why does Royal Sands give me such a hard time when I try to bring my family of eight and they have a 6 person only rule- when the unit easily has bed space for 8? I paid pull price, pay a maitenance fee, and then am also expected to pay for two extra people every year which there is bed space for? Seems like a lose/lose situation on my end.

Tonya P.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.