The Galleon Resort

Age of Facility/Any Hurricane Damage

Jul 23, 2007

I'm just interested in finding out if anyone has gone to this resort recently. I'm interested in going to Orlando, Florida with my husband followed by a week in Key West (4/12 thru 4/19/08) provided someone puts their week into Redweek's new point system. What is the age of the facility and has it been maintained? Has there been any hurricane damage? If so, has it been repaired? Thanks for any help.

Mary K.
Sep 06, 2007

I don't know how old the Galleon is but we just returned three weeks ago from a two week stay. This was our second vacation at the Galleon, and we absolutely loved it. It is a perfect place for families with children because the large condos have full kitchens and washers and dryers, but the "lockouts" for two are also very nice. Beautiful views, great location (probably the best in the Island--we don't like the Atlantic), unbelievably comfortable beds, excellent Internet service, etc. Key West doesn't get too many hurricanes, but there is no evidence of hurricane damage anywhere on the island, and I have walked the entire island in every possible direction.

Kim H.
Sep 17, 2007

nancyj9 wrote:
I'm just interested in finding out if anyone has gone to this resort recently. I'm interested in going to Orlando, Florida with my husband followed by a week in Key West (4/12 thru 4/19/08) provided someone puts their week into Redweek's new point system. What is the age of the facility and has it been maintained? Has there been any hurricane damage? If so, has it been repaired? Thanks for any help.

The last time a hurricane came through there was some roof damage and it is being taken care of in the next several months. The Galleon also has Hurricane windows/shutters which allow for extra protection. The staff stay on the grounds of the Galleon during a Hurricaine and attend to damage as it happens or right after. This is why the resort is in wonderful condition. Kudos to the resort staff!!

Deb W.
Aug 06, 2018

The Galleon staff is very hardworking and loyal to the resort. Many have worked there for 10-20+ years or more. And the owners and resort developer donated upwards of $50,000+ to be distributed by a panel to employees after Hurricane Irma to help them with repairs and other expenses related to the weather damage. The Resort is a very special place; and owners appreciate these loyal employees.

C.T.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.