Point Systems

Club Navigo Points

Jul 25, 2007

Is this a good program? I am new at this. I have 5500 points.

Rob W.
Jan 14, 2008

robw44 wrote:
I used to sell for them and the answer is NO IT IS NOT---let me explain-a week is a week is a week period --try to book into an all inclusive you can go cheaper on your own--good luck getting into Grand seas not happening--- 5500pts you are probably deeded liki tiki resort---book your week and exchange thru interval--try booking several studios and exchanging them but use the LEAST amount of points deposit the weeks with interval and exchange that way. The inhouse exchange does not work--sorry thats why I do not work there anymore

Rick S.
Jul 23, 2008

ricks55 wrote:
robw44 wrote:
I used to sell for them and the answer is NO IT IS NOT---let me explain-a week is a week is a week period --try to book into an all inclusive you can go cheaper on your own--good luck getting into Grand seas not happening--- 5500pts you are probably deeded liki tiki resort---book your week and exchange thru interval--try booking several studios and exchanging them but use the LEAST amount of points deposit the weeks with interval and exchange that way. The inhouse exchange does not work--sorry thats why I do not work there anymore
the sales rep at liki tiki told me 4000 point will give me alot of vacation time,what a mistake i made,is it legal for them to mislead people,4000 will barely give me a week vacation.dont but at liki tiki owned by club navigo.

Markus B.
Jul 23, 2008

they told me 4000 was "alot of vacation time" yea right,they even told me that buying the timeshare wont show on my credit report, yea right,I need a lawyeer. these sales rep at liki tiki are trained to do that,they should go to prison

Markus B.
Oct 07, 2009

We went to Grand seas a few years ago and had 6 nights vacation during Spring break.At check in we were asked to attend a presentation.We did,and bought a studio/1800 points/way over 10K! Principle and interest,double it over time.There is a 10 day recission period in FL on timeshare purchases.We went home,checked out e-bay and bid on 3000 pts(bi-annual,odd)/1 BR at The Cove on Ormond Beach.VERY nice resort.We won.Cancelled the corporate sale in writing by certified mail.Total price after deeding expenses of $499 on the e-bay purchase? Only $1025! Paid in full and M and T is fairly low.If we use the system to our advantage and book during off season (we live in FL) then we can stretch out our points.For example,we just returned from a 4 night getaway there.Spent about 580 points.This works out to 145 points per night,and can be done consistently.We book efficiencies to save points.Thus, with annual M and T of about $560 and booking during the offf season,we can get about ten days per year,$56 per night,waterfront,sales tax free,on average.Another really nice resort in the Club Navigo system is the resort on St Croix called Chenay Bay. The in-house exchange system DOES work..I stayed there for 5 nigths and loved it.Liki Tiki Village is over-rated and takes too many points to stay there.We still use the water park there sometimes.it's free.That's a nice perk that Navigo has.Just call ahead for day use.Wyndham does not allow day use.We have two blocks of points from Wyndham,purchased on line as well.

Steven D.
Jun 15, 2011

At the risk of again being called a shill for Club Navigo - I own multiple time shares through Club Navigo. Currently have 8600 points per year, but last year had 26,000 points.

I have NEVER had any real trouble booking any stay I wanted, but I do not wait until the last minute to book my vacations. To many people are spoiled by the Hotwire type of sites, that promise the world at the last minute. Time Share does not work that way. You snooze, and you loose.

Pay your fees when due - or even early. You CAN call the time share and pay your fees months in advance. You then have access to the points for that year, even if you have not reached the renewal date yet. Then book your stay up to a year in advance, before all the late payers fill up all the spots.

This year, I had 9 reservations in rooms ranging from studios at the Grand Seas, to 2BR at The Cove and Liki Tiki, all booked at the same time. You simply have to plan in advance, and understand that you are not the only one trying to book the room.

As for the comments about buying on eBay - I would encourage all to take the time share tour and get the price from the developer - before saying NO. Then go onto eBay, redweek, and other sites to see what the true value of the time share is. I purchased two 3Br units at Liki Tiki, a 2Br unit at Liki Tiki, a 2Br unit at Grand Seas and a 2Br ODD unit at Grand Seas; all through RESALE listings on eBay and Redweek. Total point value of 26,000 each year, with an extra 5000 on Odd years.

Total cost for all these weeks - $8.000. Developer selling price for them - $148,000.

You can have a great vacation without spending a fortune on developer priced units.

Expect to pay around $500 for the transfer and recording of the deed. Another $125 to $250 for transfer of title at the resort itself, depending on the particular resort your buy into.

Time Share can work - educate yourself on both the advantages and pitfalls of owning.

One last remark - if you think you can sell a time share and recoup your investment - you need serious mental help. Your purchase price is lost the day you buy the unit. Most time shares will resell for less than $1000. In most cases you only get back that years M&T fees and out from under the recurring fees.

Steve M.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.