Marriott's Maui Ocean Club - Lahaina Tower

Upgrading within the Resort Itself

Jul 30, 2007

Did/does Marriott offer existing owners "deals" to upgrade to Lahaina Tower (or the Napili Tower to follow)?

You'd think they would, at least to those who bought from Marriott originally, but who knows.

Paul G.
Jul 30, 2007

Yes, you can upgrade.

We were there July 7, just after the Lahaina Tower opened. We traded in our floating week in the old towers for a new week in the Lahaina Tower.

Of course there was an additional price difference we had to pay between the old week trade-in and the new week we purchased.

It just took a couple of hours to get the paperwork done. There was no special "deal" aside from the usual points value you get as an owner and the $100 gift certificate for the timeshare presentation.

Many of the fixed weeks and ocean front weeks were sold out already -- very popular units.

Ray Sandra H.

Last edited by kallak on Jul 30, 2007 11:22 PM

Jul 31, 2007

kallak wrote:
Yes, you can upgrade.

We were there July 7, just after the Lahaina Tower opened. We traded in our floating week in the old towers for a new week in the Lahaina Tower.

Of course there was an additional price difference we had to pay between the old week trade-in and the new week we purchased.

It just took a couple of hours to get the paperwork done. There was no special "deal" aside from the usual points value you get as an owner and the $100 gift certificate for the timeshare presentation.

Many of the fixed weeks and ocean front weeks were sold out already -- very popular units.

Thanks. So you feel you got a decent price on your trade-in (now that you're home) !

Paul G.
Aug 01, 2007

paul1616 wrote:
Did/does Marriott offer existing owners "deals" to upgrade to Lahaina Tower (or the Napili Tower to follow)?

You'd think they would, at least to those who bought from Marriott originally, but who knows.

i purchased last year and traded my old unit in on a new one. i thought they gave me a fair price for my original unit. i am glad that i purchased the new unit.

Jeff M.
Aug 01, 2007

paul1616 wrote:
kallak wrote:
Yes, you can upgrade.

Thanks. So you feel you got a decent price on your trade-in (now that you're home) !

did you get points when you traded in your unit? did you buy a garden or ocen view?

Jeff M.
Aug 01, 2007

jlminarik wrote:
paul1616 wrote:
kallak wrote:
Yes, you can upgrade.

did you get points when you traded in your unit? did you buy a garden or ocen view?

We traded in an ocean front 2 bedroom in the old units that we purchased at pre-construction prices back when Marriott first started selling Maui timeshares (maybe 1999?).

We think they gave us a good trade-in price. No points for the trade, but very high yearly points for ownership in the new tower -- probably higher than any other Marriott timeshares.

We purchased an ocean front in the new tower. It's just beautiful!

Ray Sandra H.
Aug 02, 2007

kallak wrote:
jlminarik wrote:
paul1616 wrote:
kallak wrote:
Yes, you can upgrade.

We traded in an ocean front 2 bedroom in the old units that we purchased at pre-construction prices back when Marriott first started selling Maui timeshares (maybe 1999?).

We think they gave us a good trade-in price. No points for the trade, but very high yearly points for ownership in the new tower -- probably higher than any other Marriott timeshares.

We purchased an ocean front in the new tower. It's just beautiful!

good for you! what are the trade in points. i did not think that there was any dif in points bet the dif developments. it only seems right that if you pay more for your unit, you should get more in rewards points.

the ocean front units in the orig building are expensive.

Jeff M.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.