Aug 01, 2007

I like the property but there is just too much information out there for me to understand it all.

Are there any buyers brokers out there who could assist me?

Eric J.
Oct 23, 2014

Posting R568750 Marriott's Custom House: Just to clarify your demands Mike, you posted your (supposedly) Marriott's Custom House listing for $1400 (or $200 per night) on Redweek.com but you haven't paid for the right to use it for 2015. I offered to pay the amount ($1400) using Redweek.com's Vacation Rental Escrow Service but now you want $1550 plus you want me to pay all the fees for opening the escrow account. On top of the increase of the price, you now want me to use Paypal to send you the monies before January 1st to pay the maintenance bill for this unit so that you can rent it out for cash. You're right, I have heartburn with what you're proposing for several reasons: (1) You're Canadian and I'm American. If you take my money and don't rent it to me but rent it out for cash for any of the time before I want it, you have just taken my money without my having any protection (Federal, States or otherwise) or the product I've paid you for. (2) You propose that I send you cash, check or use Paypal to pay you up front, yet according to Paypal AND Redweek.com, Paypal states that monies sent through Paypal for real estate transactions are not protected by the Paypal Purchase Protection for monies sent. Also, Redweek.com also indicates that there is "no liability coverage on travel/intangible products such as timeshares." (3) You don't want me to use the escrow service through Redweek.com even though I'm willing to paid the escrow fee of $150 because you won't get paid (my $1400) until after the end of my stay is completed. (4) Although I initially contacted you the middle of September 2014, you didn't respond until I contacted you several times that I wanted to rent your unit until the middle of October and then wanted payment before the end of the year. It may not be a major issue for you but wanting cash or equivalence before January 1st without protection from fraud is not my idea of a true business transaction between two people. (5) Listing the posting at $1400 and then increasing it to $1550 and other fees when I indicated that I wanted to use Redweek.com's escrow process and have my name on the paperwork changed with Marriott Vacation Club.

If these issues are true, I concur with your statement that I should try to rent somebody else's Boston Custom House unit on Redweek.com. But I would also caution anyone else that sees your posting to be aware of your status concerning this unit up front.

Brian Q.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.