Travel Tips & Advice

Cancun, Mexico

Aug 05, 2007

Got my son and his wife a week thru RCI, it's an AI resort Sunshine Club at Tucacun. I have never been to Mexico or used an AI resort. Need to know do they take credit cards or Travelers checks for AI at check-in? Also they will be about 13 miles from airport, they will not be renting a car, what is best way to get to resort? Taxi, Bus or should I check to see if they have a shuttle? Do they use US currency for other purchaes and any other info would be appreciated. thanks

Jeffrey A.
Dec 30, 2007

I know this is late ,but just clicked on this forum. I have been going to Cancun for 12 years. There are small & large Airport shuttle buses at the Airport that stop at the hotels on Airport strip, just ask at main doors. About $10.00 US. Attendants will show you which bus you need. By the way all of the Hotels on beach strip are.... 13miles away. I have never stayed at a Sunshine club as I have a Condo but you can click into GO CANCUN On a Mexican site... Or GOOGLE search. U will find a good map, MAPAMIGO, it will give you info. on all Beach hotels . I found the site VERY Helpful. US & Canadian $$$ accepted and all major creditcards. The hotels usually have exchange window in loby but they don't give a good exchange. Also money exchanges on all main streets that give Good rates.If you go to the banks expect a long wait. The money exchanges are faster and give the same exchange.One more thing, You can travel by bus anywere on the strip and into and around Cancun for 6 peso's. It went up from 5 peso's after hurricane Wilma. I hope that I've covered all your concerns. I wish them HAPPY VACATION, I've had many happy times there and hope to for more in years to come. Sincerely JDQ.

Joyce Q.

Last edited by joyce278 on Dec 30, 2007 02:29 PM

Nov 01, 2022

Have you ever stayed at Encore Resort?

JR

Last edited by phyl21 on Nov 01, 2022 10:31 AM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.