Harborside Resort at Atlantis

Who has rented thru Redweek

Aug 12, 2007

Tell me your experience with renting thru this site.

Julie P.
Aug 20, 2007

juliep119 wrote:

I have rented several times through this site at both Atlantis and two other resorts, all times without using any escrow service. All times have been a great experience. FYI, if you want the name of a great person to get you into atlantis, I can give you a referral.

Ken M.
Aug 23, 2007

kenmiller wrote:
juliep119 wrote:

I have rented several times through this site at both Atlantis and two other resorts, all times without using any escrow service. All times have been a great experience. FYI, if you want the name of a great person to get you into atlantis, I can give you a referral.

considering exchanging a week....do you have a reputible name for me?

Charles B.
Aug 23, 2007

I have rented several times through this site at both Atlantis and two other resorts, all times without using any escrow service. All times have been a great experience. FYI, if you want the name of a great person to get you into atlantis, I can give you a referral. considering exchanging a week....do you have a reputible name for me?

I checked through the current rental listings, and the person I have rented from twice over the past two spring breaks at very reasonable price is not currently listing. Her name is Debbie Smernicek - and she is fabulous, so you should contact her if you find her name. That said, I doubt she or other rental listors are interested in exchanging with you, check the exchange section. Also, there is a guy named Kevin Adams who has a ton of inventory listed in the for rent section, so he can probably get you whatever you want if you give him enough lead time. I haven't used him and he doesn't appear to be the least expensive, but a broker at GMAC resales that I am talking with about buying a unit here tells me he is real, so i am sure Kevin will treat you well also if you contact him.

Ken M.
Sep 09, 2007

charlesb218 wrote:
kenmiller wrote:
juliep119 wrote:

considering exchanging a week....do you have a reputible name for me?
I am an owner a Harborside and rented thru Redweek.

Robert G

Last edited by marty8084 on Sep 10, 2007 02:17 AM

Sep 18, 2007

has anyone delt with kevin adams he seems to have lots of properties

Bill B.
Sep 18, 2007

bill337 wrote:
has anyone delt with kevin adams he seems to have lots of properties

Hi Bill,

If you do go forward with a transaction with Kevin Adams or any owner please be sure to insist on using a Vacation Rental Escrow Service.

Thanks, Marty

Marty F
Oct 28, 2007

I am interested in renting at Atlantis. I've never rented from a website before - how is it done? How do I guarantee a property when I arrive?

Linda Y.
Oct 29, 2007

linday25 wrote:
I am interested in renting at Atlantis. I've never rented from a website before - how is it done? How do I guarantee a property when I arrive?

Hi Linda,

The process to rent through RedWeek.com can be found at http://www.redweek.com/help/rental_process/buyer To guarantee that the timeshare week you paid for will be there when you arrive you can do several things. One, use a Vacation Rental Escrow Service as described at the above link and also call the resort to make sure that the reservation has been put into your name.

Thanks, Marty

Marty F

Last edited by marty8084 on Oct 29, 2007 01:30 AM

Dec 11, 2007

I own two weeks at Harborside, and I have rented them out for the past 2 years. Red Week has been great to use. I haven't used the escrow service. I make sure the reservation is changed to my renter, and I've never had a complaint. I'll be renting my weeks again for this coming July.

Lee B.

Last edited by lee26 on Dec 30, 2007 01:45 PM

Dec 30, 2007

lee26 wrote:
I own two weeks at Harborside, and I have rented them out for the past 2 years. Red Week has been great to use. I haven't used the escrow service. I make sure the reservation is changed to my renter, and I've never had a complaint. I'll be renting agian this coming July.
hi i will like to rent at the harborresort put i keep reading bad reviews about the services and being prices when it comes to the food

Anise W.
Dec 30, 2007

anisew wrote:
lee26 wrote:
I own two weeks at Harborside, and I have rented them out for the past 2 years. Red Week has been great to use. I haven't used the escrow service. I make sure the reservation is changed to my renter, and I've never had a complaint. I'll be renting agian this coming July.
hi i will like to rent at the harborresort put i keep reading bad reviews about the services and being prices when it comes to the food
There are complainers everywhere--go to Trip Advisor==most folks love it there we have been going since 2001 and love it there--you can also rent through www.atlantisfamilyfun.com and also avoid all the on site taxes the hotel charges As to food I bring snacks and breakfast food in a separate suitcase and it cuts down on food costs which you can't do while staying at the hotel.

Maria W.
Dec 30, 2007

There's no question the food can be expensive, but anywhere you go on the islands will be expensive. They have to import everything. You can bring some breakfast foods and other items with you to the island - that helps cut down your costs. Atlantis has both moderate and expensive restaurants, and also Shark Bites at the pool (hamburgers, cheeseburgers, etc.).

Lee B.
May 17, 2008

kenmiller wrote:
juliep119 wrote:

Ellen D.
Jun 22, 2008

juliep119 wrote:
Kevin Adams is a great legitimate guy and has a # of units, We had a great expereince, prepaid in advance absolutely no problems.

Lou P.
Jan 15, 2010

I want to begin renting our my weeks. Can anyone offer guidelines and cautions to a first time rentor? Typically, how is money exchanged? Is an escrow company an important part of the process?

David R.
Feb 02, 2011

I just bought a week 51 at Atlantis that we will be renting this year, as well as 2 at Oyster Bay Sint Maarten and 2 at Villas Palmar Luxury Cancun.. How far in advance should I list the weeks?

Stephanie K.
Feb 10, 2011

We also rented through RedWeek. No problems at all. We dealt with great folks. They were also very helpful with great ideas. Did not go through escrow either.

Danette Z.
Mar 11, 2011

If I rent a timeshare through Redweek, are there any extra fees that I would have to pay once I arrive at Harborside, such as tax, fee for using the water park, etc.?

Keith A.
Mar 11, 2011

This year will be my 3rd rental through Redweek. It is a much better deal than traditional hotel rooms, loaded with information and an all around pleasant experience. My husband won't go back to the old way we used to travel.

Ellen D.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.