Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

best way to secure payment for rental

Aug 16, 2007

I am about to list our week for rent for the first time. I am wondering about this new "timeshare escrow" vs. a private transaction for securing the rental agreement. Would appreciate any info others may have regarding experience in completing the transaction and is it advisable to use the timeshare escrow? Or is a credit card transaction safe and acceptable? Thanks for any help! We are owners at the Maui Ocean Club

Candice and John M.
Aug 18, 2007

I am going through the same thing. I am wondering if you found your answer. Thanks.

Jennifer

mccabin wrote:
I am about to list our week for rent for the first time. I am wondering about this new "timeshare escrow" vs. a private transaction for securing the rental agreement. Would appreciate any info others may have regarding experience in completing the transaction and is it advisable to use the timeshare escrow? Or is a credit card transaction safe and acceptable? Thanks for any help! We are owners at the Maui Ocean Club

Jennifer C.
Aug 18, 2007

The Vacation Rental Escrow Service is the most secure method for payment. Here is a page of pros and cons of payment methods:

http://www.redweek.com/help/payment-method-comparison

Thanks,

Marty

Marty F

Last edited by marty8084 on Aug 18, 2007 05:01 PM

Aug 18, 2007

marty8084 wrote:
The Vacation Rental Escrow Service is the most secure method for payment. Here is a pros and cons of payment methods:

http://www.redweek.com/help/payment-method-comparison

Thanks,

Marty

Thanks Marty for the info. I have printed out the comparasion info and we will look it over carefully before listing our week. I did call our bank and they told me a cashier's check would be ok too....just wait until the check has cleared the bank b/4 giving the renter the conf. #.

Candice and John M.
Aug 27, 2007

jenniferc190 wrote:
I am going through the same thing. I am wondering if you found your answer. Thanks.

Jennifer

mccabin wrote:

Jennifer, Please see postings under General discussion ~ rental agreement transaction..started by me..mccabin. I guess I should have just put this on one forum ( I am new to Redweek and this was my first posting!) MD has some good input FYI.

I am also going to respond below to jayjay w/another ? mccabin

Candice and John M.
Aug 27, 2007

mccabin wrote:
jenniferc190 wrote:

Jennifer

mccabin wrote:

Jennifer, Please see postings under General discussion ~ rental agreement transaction..started by me..mccabin. I guess I should have just put this on one forum ( I am new to Redweek and this was my first posting!) MD has some good input FYI.

I am also going to respond below to jayjay w/another ? mccabin

sorry..I meant to say I am going to ask jayjay a ? under "another ? on rental agreements"..different forum area. Lots to read here! good info everywhere! mccabin

Candice and John M.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.