Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

Palace Resort at Moon Palace Rental Posting

Aug 16, 2007

Does anyone have any input regarding this resort? The listing t rent is for 28 dollars/night. Seems extremely cheap for a nice place. It's making me a bit skeptical. ANy input would be appreciated.

Tracy

Tracy G.
Aug 16, 2007

Most people would say the Palace group is pretty nice...maybe even stronger than that.....

But what the value shopper notes is that the trips to Palace Resorts via a travel agent are manytimes less than what the cost to own a RTU is at that resort.

That is.....the total price including airfare, AI, and rooms cost are less than the loss incured in buying and maintaining a unit.

Did you notice the two letter AI ? That means All Inclusive. Some T/Ss are MANDATORY AI. ( I don't remember if the Palace group is mandatory or not.)

In any case, that rental fee you see does not include the AI Fee....might be $100 a person a day ( Or $79.00 a person a day) on top of the rental fee.

So....owners who rent there need to keep the price pretty low, espically in low season...because the AI will be added later (usually when you check in and faint. They will revive you only if you promise to go to a T/S presentation). ( A Joke _ I think)

However, I have just tried to find a rental for a wedding party in ft Lauderdale (Marriott Beach Place) or Palm Beach (Marriott Ocean Point).

When I checked the Interval site for getaways.....there were 2 bed 2 bath sleep 8 lock outs available for $499 a week...in a Marriott ocean front.

No- I wasn't going to book it & rent it. I was going to tell her to find a relative with a T/S in Interval and book it as her wedding gift from many family members....problem....the flextime didn't go into mid December-when she needed it.

So....there are tons of places with pretty low pricing, even if they don't have mandatory AI....but because it is not prime season.

ALWAYS CHECK your exchange company first for pricing....( yes even before redweek) they usually have good deals if you are flexible.

Check the RCI site to see if the AI is required at the Palaces. Their book is open to the public if you don't belong

Kenneth K.

Last edited by kekouri on Aug 16, 2007 08:02 PM

Aug 18, 2007

tracyg33 wrote:
Does anyone have any input regarding this resort? The listing t rent is for 28 dollars/night. Seems extremely cheap for a nice place. It's making me a bit skeptical. ANy input would be appreciated.

Tracy

Hi Tracy,

I've emailed the owners that have such low fees to make sure that their rental price is correct. I'll correct if any of them reply to me as being incorrect.

Also, this is a All Inclusive resort so those fees are extra.

Edited to say that I have heard back from two of the of the three owners and the price stated is correct. The AI fees are extra so please take that into account.

Thanks, Marty

Marty F

Last edited by marty8084 on Aug 18, 2007 01:55 PM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.