Timeshare Exchanges

Sedona 2br, what 2008 week will yeild the most redweek points

Aug 29, 2007

I see something I like in the exchage inventory and am am considering depositing my 2br in sedona. I am going to make my 2008 reservation. Does anyone have any thoughts on what week is going to get the highest offer of points it floating 1-52 it is not a lock off

Dustin O.

Last edited by dustino on Aug 29, 2007 07:27 AM

Aug 29, 2007

dustino wrote:
I see something I like in the exchage inventory and am am considering depositing my 2br in sedona. I am going to make my 2008 reservation. Does anyone have any thoughts on what week is going to get the highest offer of points

I think redweek and the posters here would need a bit more info....what time are the weeks....or at least in what float period?

If you were able to pick your own week in your float, usually holiday weeks would be stronger.

But wait for the others. I'm sure a hint as to what times you have for exchange will help with the value of your points. ( Is Easter week, Spring Vacation, Christmas/Winter Break in the mix?)

Kenneth K.
Aug 29, 2007

kekouri is indeed correct. Since your Sedona week is a floating week, I would reserve a holiday week. It should be snapped up immediately as Sedona is a very popular location.

R P.
Aug 29, 2007

dustino wrote:
I see something I like in the exchange inventory and I am considering depositing my 2br in Sedona. I am going to make my 2008 reservation. Does anyone have any thoughts on what week is going to get the highest offer of points it floating 1-52 it is not a lock off

I have one rule when booking my week and that is I book the weeks my family want to go on vacation!

I don't care what points some company will give me or if I might rent.

Bottom line is what if none of these things happen and you will be using your own unit. You want the weeks your family can use.

I have seen so many ads and on the last minute site on another site you can get units in great areas for $300-$500 because owners have booked units they can not use.

Booking weeks owners think others want back fires much of the time!

Phil L.
Aug 29, 2007

phill12 wrote:
I have one rule when booking my week and that is I book the weeks my family want to go on vacation!

I don't care what points some company will give me or if I might rent.

Bottom line is what if none of these things happen and you will be using your own unit. You want the weeks your family can use.

I have seen so many ads and on the last minute site on another site you can get units in great areas for $300-$500 because owners have booked units they can not use.

Booking weeks owners think others want back fires much of the time!

She's trying to find the best week, with her floating week, to reserve to deposit into Redweek. Once her week is deposited into Redweek then it's no longer hers unless she pays $125 to immediately exchange back for her own floating week, and why would she do that? To do as you suggest wouldn't make sense as the week will no longer be hers. She has already chosen an exchange from Redweek that she desires when she deposits her week.

kekouri and I have given her the best advice, and that advice is to reserve a holiday week. Redweek has said that holiday weeks garner more points.

R P.
Aug 29, 2007

jayjay wrote:
kekouri and I have given her the best advice, and that advice is to reserve a holiday week. Redweek has said that holiday weeks garner more points.

Jayjay first she said she is CONSIDERING A DEPOSIT into Redweek and this could change because as we all know there is very little to exchange for on Redweek! Eighty percent of listings are on that great showcase provisional list.

Since you give advice on every post on Redweek I guess now no one else should give advice but you!

I guess as spokesperson for Redweek you are only one to give out opinions on here! Your so full of yourself it makes me sick! LMAO

Phil L.

Last edited by phill12 on Mar 28, 2008 10:35 PM

Aug 29, 2007

dustino wrote:
I see something I like in the exchage inventory and am am considering depositing my 2br in sedona. I am going to make my 2008 reservation. Does anyone have any thoughts on what week is going to get the highest offer of points it floating 1-52 it is not a lock off
=========== Just go to the "value your week" link. Give Redweek the info about the week you would deposit and they give you a "no obligation" quote on how many points it would be worth. If this suits your needs, then book the week and deposit it with Redweeek.

Mike N.

Last edited by mike1536 on Aug 29, 2007 03:54 PM

Aug 30, 2007

dustino wrote:

Reading Comprehension 101 phil .... see post above and her question in italics. kekouri and I answered the question she ASKED. You went in a totally different direction not related to her question.

R P.
Aug 30, 2007

dustino wrote:

Exactly what is it you are looking at? Maybe I'll buy with my RW points and rent it to you!

Terry H.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.