Aug 30, 2007

I just found an ad on TmeshareForum.com about RCI Points-3 Years Lease. It sounds like a good deal to me. Does anybody knows something about it?

Arek T.
Aug 30, 2007

arekt wrote:
I just found an ad on TmeshareForum.com about RCI Points-3 Years Lease. It sounds like a good deal to me. Does anybody knows something about it?
=======================================

If you're talking about a RTU lease at Club Trinidad, offered by "opkansas", yes, it IS a good deal (and yes, I took advantage of it myself las t year). The best part of the arrangement is that if it doesn't work out for you, at the end of three years you simply walk away and choose not to renew --- with no albatross timeshare to have to sell. In my view, you just can't beat that. To clarify just a bit, however, you are not "leasing points". You are, on paper anyhow, leasing a floating RTU week which has a specific, annual, assigned points value. You can actually reserve a week at the resort itself, if you chose to do so, but personally I purchased only for the points (only to use elsewhere). You still have an annual maintenance fee, like any other "ownership", and that fee is (in this particular RTU arrangement) in direct proportion to the "size" of the points package which you purchase. The bottom line is that this is the least expensive way to get into RCI ponts which I have ever seen, before OR since purchasing. Before you buy, think clearly about what you'd like to do, how many points you will need to achieve that objective, and buy a package reflecting an appropriate number of points. Too few points is ultimately almost useless to you, too many is a waste (and expensive).

My dealings with Bill Riney ("opkansas") were right up front and although I've never met him in person, I believe that he is an honest and decent man. That said, this *IS* a RCI points package and RCI (as a company) just seems to keep finding new ways to get worse and worse with every passing day (my personal opinion). Good luck.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Aug 30, 2007 05:37 PM

Aug 30, 2007

If you're talking about a RTU lease at Club Trinidad, offered by "opkansas", yes, it IS a good deal (and yes, I took advantage of it myself las t year). The best part of the arrangement is that if it doesn't work out for you, at the end of three years you simply walk away and choose not to renew --- with no albatross timeshare to have to sell. In my view, you just can't beat that. To clarify just a bit, however, you are not "leasing points". You are, on paper anyhow, leasing a floating RTU week which has a specific, annual, assigned points value. You can actually reserve a week at the resort itself, if you chose to do so, but personally I purchased only for the points (only to use elsewhere). You still have an annual maintenance fee, like any other "ownership", and that fee is (in this particular RTU arrangement) in direct proportion to the "size" of the points package which you purchase. The bottom line is that this is the least expensive way to get into RCI ponts which I have ever seen, before OR since purchasing. Before you buy, think clearly about what you'd like to do, how many points you will need to achieve that objective, and buy a package reflecting an appropriate number of points. Too few points is ultimately almost useless to you, too many is a waste (and expensive).

My dealings with Bill Riney ("opkansas") were right up front and although I've never met him in person, I believe that he is an honest and decent man. That said, this *IS* a RCI points package and RCI (as a company) just seems to keep finding new ways to get worse and worse with every passing day (my personal opinion). Good luck.

Thank you so much for your input. It was extremely helpful. You were just a right man I wanted to hear from. Sincerely, Arek

Arek T.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.