Timeshare Companies

Diamond Resorts

Oct 27, 2013

I don't do Facebook so I will be unable to connect with all your other happy owners. I do know many owners who were with companies taken over by Diamind Resorts International share my displeasure with the company.

I certainly understood that maintenance fees would increase, but I expected something along the lines of my other property, which was in tune with the rate of inflation. After Diamond Resorts took over ILX, the fees rose sharply and have continues to rise. They are now double the fees of my other comparable timeshare. I have come to find that raising the fees under threat of ruining your credit if you don't pay is the SOP for DRI. I have asked them to buy it back but they only try to sell me more. I believe the fees pay for much more than maintenance. If they are collecting nearly $50,000 a year for a one bedroom unit to "maintain" it, there should be some very fine furnishings indeed. But I am not finding golden faucets when I visit.

DRI has also hijacked my Interval International membership. II will no longer talk to me, even regarding my other property. I have to go through Diamond. I also find that I cannot deposit my Diamond property and have two years to use it, as I can with my other property. That part was not in any agreement I signed.

And when I recently received an offer from II for an accommodation certificate if I deposited my (non-DRI) week, and then they did not follow through on the offer, the DRI representative wasted a half hour of my time and did not resolve the issue. She could find no information about the offer I received in the mail and was on the web site. I have to cancel my long standing II membership to get DRI off of it!

Robert R.
Mar 09, 2014

DRI needs more reviews on Yelp:

http://www.yelp.ca/biz/diamond-resorts-sedona

Robert R.
Mar 09, 2014

no golden faucets, but if you take a sit-down bath you will get a scenic view of the mineral deposits under the rims of their $60 cheapo toilets

David K.
Mar 10, 2014

They did the same thing when they took over Sunterra raised our maintenance took away the Sunterra credit card. They are only interested the buck.

Bob L.
Jan 22, 2017

https://www.azag.gov/press-release/attorney-general-brnovich-announces-800000-settlement-diamond-resorts

The Arizona Attorney General is taking action! File your complaint today. You can do it online. Read the FAQ's.

Robert R.
Nov 24, 2018

I finally got Interval International to remove all references to Diamond Resorts International from my account.

Robert R.
Nov 24, 2018

Maybe this has happened because Marriott owns Interval International now. They don’t really want you spending your money anywhere but with them. :-)

Charles S.
Dec 13, 2018

Diamond Resorts is the worst Company I have ever dealt with in my life. They took over my wonderful resort in Sedona. The people they employ are trained to sell MORE points at any cost and any method is used as long as they sell more very expensive points. I believe they drugged me and held me hostage for 9 hours until I caved in, that was a very, very expensive trap. The guy (Caylen Keaton) even followed me to the restroom and waited for me to come out so I could not leave. Mindy Santana is just as bad. Any time one stays at any of their resorts, many are mediocre, they force people to attend a sales meeting and use their dishonest skills to pull money out of people. Diamond ruined my outstanding credit, and made a false report to the IRS. They lie, coerce, use maximum pressure and they have no scruples. This company is disgusting to say the least. Be alert, they are bad, bad news. I have reported them to the Consumer Protection Agency, BBB, Real Estate Board, have them investigated by several TV stations and more and gave honest reviews on various web-sites informing tens of thousands of people how ruthless, dishonest, disgusting and greedy these Diamond employees are. This is just the beginning as to how I really feel about this company.

louiseb11 wrote:
They bought out our timeshare company. How are they: good, bad,......?

Ilona F.
Dec 28, 2018

it was the least used timeshare in all of DRI... it only made sense!

Robin W.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.