Marriott's Mountain Valley Lodge

Ability to Exchange

Sep 02, 2007

I am concerned about our lack of ability to exchange our MMVL week. I put an exchange into Interval International in late December of 2006 for 5 different resorts in North Carolina for a week in July. Since there are tons of timeshares in NC, I was shocked that we weren't able to get ANY exchange. We WERE able to rent a 2 bedroom/ 2 bath place with a full kitchen, free kayaks and bikes to use for $850/week there for the week we wanted through VRBO. With dues of $765/year for our studio, I am chagrined that our timeshare is a liability, not an asset. How are other owers coping with this??? Thanks, Kathy

Kathy K.
Apr 23, 2008

kathyk117 wrote:
I am concerned about our lack of ability to exchange our MMVL week. I put an exchange into Interval International in late December of 2006 for 5 different resorts in North Carolina for a week in July. Since there are tons of timeshares in NC, I was shocked that we weren't able to get ANY exchange. We WERE able to rent a 2 bedroom/ 2 bath place with a full kitchen, free kayaks and bikes to use for $850/week there for the week we wanted through VRBO. With dues of $765/year for our studio, I am chagrined that our timeshare is a liability, not an asset. How are other owers coping with this??? Thanks, Kathy

In my case I had to sell my unit -- it isn't worth the maint. fees and now all the construction is going on around it. MA

Martin A.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.